PDA

View Full Version : PLACES IN NEW ENGLAND

LuckyIsHisName
09-19-2010, 06:12 AM
IM LOOKING FOR A PLACE THAT WILL TAKE A SQUIRREL BUT IT HAS TO BE LIKE A ZOO. IM LOOKING FOR A PLACE THAT HAS CAGES THE SIZE OF A BIG BUILDING LIKE THE ONE AT ZOOS WERE THEY KEEP BIRDS IN. YOU KNOW THE ONES THAT YOU WALK THRUE AND YOU SEE ALL THE BIRDS FLYING AROUND AND OTHER ANIMALS IN THEIR. MY SQUIRREL HAS THE RUN OF THE HOUSE AND THATS NOT ENOUGH FOR HER AND SHE IS NOT OK TO BE RELEASED ON HER OWN AND SHE WANTS OUT I THINK.
I HAVE POSTED BEFORE BUT NOTHING HAS COME UP AND IM STILL LOOKING, MAYBE SOME ONE WILL KNOW AND READ THIS.
I WOULD KEEP HER WITH US BUT I WANT WHAT SHE WANTS AND I THINK SHE IS WANTING TO BE OUT IN THE TREES. IM NOT SHURE IF SHE IS IN HEAT OR WHAT BUT SHE IS DRIVING US CRAZY. SO IF ANY ONE KNOWS OF A PLACE LIKE IM LOOKING FOR, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
THANKS

island rehabber
09-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Sorry, but I don't know of anyplace that would have squirrels in an aviary, which is what you are describing -- like the "House of Birds" you'll often see in various zoo's. Your squirrel appears to have 'wilded up' and needs to be released in a safe environment. Perhaps one of our many wonderful Florida members can help you properly release her. If she wants to be wild -- and she obviously does -- why would you want to keep her caged, nomatter how large the cage? :dono :thinking

Jackie in Tampa
09-19-2010, 07:23 AM
:poke in new england or florida...
??????????
your bio says orlando, your thread says new england...????:thinking :dono

Wonkawillie
09-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Where are you located? Your bio says fla, but you need a place in New England to take you squirrel?
Why do you feel the squirrel is not releaseable???
I am in new England and could certainly do a slow release on my property. I have a lot of land and no streets in sight. We could certainly do the release slow and only when the squirrel is ready.
You can post me personally if you would like to " talk" off the boards.
Maybe we can work together to get your squirrel the freedom it is looking for?

Jackie in Tampa
09-19-2010, 12:08 PM
:bowdown
Where are you located? Your bio says fla, but you need a place in New England to take you squirrel?
Why do you feel the squirrel is not releaseable???
I am in new England and could certainly do a slow release on my property. I have a lot of land and no streets in sight. We could certainly do the release slow and only when the squirrel is ready.
You can post me personally if you would like to " talk" off the boards.
Maybe we can work together to get your squirrel the freedom it is looking for?
AND i CAN DO THE SAME IF IN fLORIDA!:thumbsup