PDA

View Full Version : EEKK Wasps!!

jo_schmoe
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
So I went out to feed the wilds just now and I managed to severely piss off the wasps that have taken over the food bowl. Any suggestions how to get rid of them ( I wont kill them...just cant ) or deter them to another place?? I thought about spraying them with the hose...but I dont wanna kill the poor buggers. I just want them to find their own food and LEAVE THIS DISH ALONE!! We got some skinny foxers up here that need all the food they can get with old man winter rearing his ugly head soon.

Cleo_13
09-19-2010, 10:26 AM
I have no idea, maybe some help will come on soon. I just wanted to say that I'm very glad to find someone else out there who avoids killing wasps. It sometimes seems that almost everyone I know would prefer them dead, or at least doesn't mind it when they are killed. :thankyou

jo_schmoe
09-19-2010, 10:29 AM
I have no idea, maybe some help will come on soon. I just wanted to say that I'm very glad to find someone else out there who avoids killing wasps. It sometimes seems that almost everyone I know would prefer them dead, or at least doesn't mind it when they are killed. :thankyou

I dont kill anything I dont eat. Thats my philosophy! The gift of nourishment is a great thing!! And I dont think I will be eating wasps anytime soon. LOL.
( I do kill some bugs....maggots on babies...fleas and lice. The rest I pretty much just leave alone or catch and put back outside)

Cleo_13
09-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Now for some bad news, I was just doing some online research, and the only solution I found that doesn't involve killing them was to remove their nest in early spring and glue it somewhere else, which doesn't work at all since you want them gone before winter. (I found that on a site that said, there is "no known deterrent" for wasps. i have no way of knowing if this is true or not. On the other hand I found that wasp colonies usually die off in the winter, so maybe they'll be gone by then.:dono

squirrelygirlie75
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
If possible, trade food dishes. Take that one out and away and put a different one. This is a tricky one because you have to get close to the poor buggers as you call em. LOL