PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is Kit

SoccarMomSquirrelSaver
09-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Hello all. My name is Kit and I am the proud mom of 2 beautiful little boys, Shawn 6 and Talon 3mo. I am also the daughter of lilidukes a member of the squirrel board and an aunt to her Ella. Since i was a little girl my mother has installed in me a love and awe of nature and now that I'm a mommy I've been doing the same for my boys. Its a running joke in my family that I attract nature which I think must be true because even as a small child I would find wounded and abandoned critters and bring them home. I was determined to save them all. As reality goes I found out the hard way that you can't always save them all, but I still believe that its always worth trying and that God puts me and others like me in the path of creatures that need our help for a reason. Humans have taken over the world and through our own carelessness have destroyed the habitats of some of natures most precious gifts. I feel a personal responsibility to do what I can to save as many as I can, including educating as many as possible. I don't always have the answers in fact sometimes I'm clueless but I will always try to find them for myself and others. I'm glad that my little boy gets to experience these things firsthand. Just yesterday my mother and I rescued a 2mo. old fawn and my son was right there. How many kids get to experience that? How many kids have a squirrel living in their house? How many know that any animal in distress is welcome in there home? For the sake of our future I think its important for kids to not loose touch with nature and I'm afraid that this day and age with video game and internet kids are. I don't want that to be my children. so here I am soccar mom and squirrel saver. Shawn and I are big fans of the squirrel board and we've learn a lot from all the members. We are glad to be a part of it and I hope we can contribute.

Jackie in Tampa
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
:wave123 how wonderful to meet you!
I too feel that way about lending a hand to Mother Nature when I can...giving back.:Love_Icon
Great save yesterday!:bowdown
Welcome to TSB!:Welcome :wave123

lilidukes
09-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Hey I know you! :grouphug You were the little girl who kissed worms:jump :jump :Welcome my love to TBS

SoccarMomSquirrelSaver
09-16-2010, 10:13 PM
thats me! but mom did you have to bring up the worms?:dono :dono :dono

Skul
09-16-2010, 10:39 PM
OMG!!!!! A WORM kisser.

EEwwwwww!

Go ahead, just try to live that one down.:rotfl

mugzeezma
09-17-2010, 08:44 AM
thats me! but mom did you have to bring up the worms?:dono :dono :dono
These are things mom's keep on file just the right moment!!!:D
Way to go MOM!!!

lilidukes
09-17-2010, 09:45 PM
As a proud mother of a human too I could of offered up naked bathtub pics.:jump :jump