PDA

View Full Version : baby squirrels

Tricia
03-14-2006, 08:17 PM
My husband was cutting down some trees (dead ones) for a man who was worried they would fall on his house. One of the trees was hollow on the inside and when it fell over, 3 baby squirrels were thrown from their nest. He brought them home with him (after several hours), I just got in. I have been reading on what to do with them and have found alot of useful information posted by other members. I am on my way to the store now to get some things to see if I can get them to drink. They havn't opened their eyes yet...they are soo sweet. I hope I can keep them alive until I can figure out what to do with them.

rygel1hardt
03-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Tricia the only rehabber I saw listed for georgia was Sarah Rowe she is in Columbus and has 15 years experience her phone # is 706-322-5012 Good luck and I hope she can help you!

My husband was cutting down some trees (dead ones) for a man who was worried they would fall on his house. One of the trees was hollow on the inside and when it fell over, 3 baby squirrels were thrown from their nest. He brought them home with him (after several hours), I just got in. I have been reading on what to do with them and have found alot of useful information posted by other members. I am on my way to the store now to get some things to see if I can get them to drink. They havn't opened their eyes yet...they are soo sweet. I hope I can keep them alive until I can figure out what to do with them.

Tricia
03-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Thank you so much for your help!

thundersquirrel
03-19-2006, 12:25 PM
thank you so much for taking care of them. not everyone is willing to shelter squirrels, even if they are helpless babies.
it sounds like you've collected some info on how to care for them, but feel free to ask us any questions you may have. no question is too small or silly! :D
let us know how they do.
stay nutty :multi
thundersquirrel