PDA

View Full Version : pumpkin seed question

NaturesGift
11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey I am new here and I was wondering if I can feed squirrels raw pumpkin seeds or should I bake them?

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
11-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Skye & Baby chance!! I get chuck a nut squirrel mixture.
:Welcome Natures Gift to the group!

NaturesGift
11-08-2006, 08:08 PM
TY!
Where do you buy chuck a nut squirrel mixture? I cannot seem to find it... I like to feed the "wild" squirrels but since I moved here all I can find is corn mixtures that are all corn with a hand full of sunflower seeds and like three peanuts but I researched it and found that its horrible for squirrels.:) My lil
Dale diserves the best . :crazy :crazy

Mrs. Jack
11-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I get a good mix at the feed store near me, you might look and see if there's one near you. also specialty stores for birds have other critters stuff too sometimes.

Teddy is the only one of mine that likes pumpkin seeds. :/ but Meggie Mouse loves them.

NaturesGift
11-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Ty miss Jack!

muffinsquirrel
11-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Don't worry about roasting the seeds - just cut the pumpkin in half and set it out for them - they'll eat the whole thing! At least, mine do!

muffinsquirrel

NaturesGift
11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
TY!!!! he likes them ..Walmart has their pumpkins onsale for a 1.00 each so Im gonna buy a ton! The other day I went to section in walmart were they have loose nuts set out for Xmas and I bought tons and some lady was there listening to me telling my sister what Nuts Dale likes and the Lady was like who is Dale? I was like Im feedind the squirrels and she looked at my bag shook her head and was like they sell squirrel food in the back... I was like corn isnt healthy for them lol... she just gave me this weird look....:thumbsup
Dale used to like Kiwi but he is picky about fruits right now.

Critter_Queen
11-09-2006, 01:17 PM
You can get Chuckanut at Petco in the Wild Bird section. 10 pound bag for $9.00.

la dame à l'écureuil
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey I am new here and I was wondering if I can feed squirrels raw pumpkin seeds or should I bake them?

My Mouchette says yes

Alaskan Squirrel Cam
11-09-2006, 07:27 PM
My Mouchette says yes

That's a really good shot of that fuzzbutt getting one of the pumpkin seeds.

lol

bob

la dame à l'écureuil
11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
That's a really good shot of that fuzzbutt getting one of the pumpkin seeds.

lol

bob

Thanks! As you can see by bites they took out around the mouth, they enjoy pumpkin carving too.