PDA

View Full Version : NE. Rehab person? 4 babies, approx 6 wks

TerryD
09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
We are in South Dakota. (North East, Lewis & Clark Lake area)
Looking for rehab person for the 4 baby squirrels (fox squirrels, 3 male 1 female)
We think approx 6 weeks old, I've posted on the other board on what care to be giving them right now. (4 baby squirrels in SD Now What? thread)

We are willing to drive these little guys to Omaha, Ne. if need be. Anyone out there? I have emailed a Nebraska rehab link that I found on the list but no response as of yet. A nice gentleman from this list in SD did email back and in SD they do not give rehab permits so no one in SD.

If not Omaha and you know someone within a couple hours of our location we are willing to take them.

Thanks so much.
Terry

Jackie in Tampa
09-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Ratman is in Minne sota, not sure where..I know, long ways...:dono
I will continue to look...hang on!:)
Member Peter too...not a rehabber though?? maybe he has info!?

Jackie in Tampa
09-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Minnesota, South Central

Minnesota, South Central region, Dakota County (Burnsville)..... 952-895-8714
Michael Ream (Director of Operations), Recovery Wildlife Rescue
recoverywildliferescue@msn.com
Wildlife Species: can find the appropriate care for any injured or orphaned wildlife in
Dakota County, MN
SPECIALTIES and KNOWLEDGE: extensive rescue abilities, limited rehab abilities

Minnesota, South Central region (Chisago City)..... 612-902-1548 (pager)
Kathy Thorp, U of M, Henn. Co. Humane Soc., Raptor Center
Wyldlyfr@aol.com
Specialty: emergency work

Minnesota, South Central region (Crystal)..... 763-537-1528
Carol Oyaas, Wildlife Rehabilitation & Release, Inc, The Minnesota Wildlife Haven
Wildlife Species: Specializing in small mammals and songbirds.
Knowledgable in the area of zoonotic disease

Minnesota, South Central region, Dakota County (Burnsville)..... 952-898-BATZ (2289) or
612-396-6595
Deana Kinamon (director), Bat World North Star
BatWorldNStar@aol.com
Wildlife Species: bats only

Minnesota, South Central region, Hennepin County (Minneapolis)..... 612-822-8400
Amy Cooper, Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release, Inc.
amycooper@worldnet.att.net
Wildlife Species: will accept any species for initial assessment and triage
Specialties/Knowledge: raccoon, woodchuck, waterfowl; Master level permit holder

Minnesota, South Central region, Hennepin County (Minneapolis)..... 612-939-0985
Kyle & Michelle Frazier, Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release
The_Falconer@msn.com
Specialty: song birds, young birds needing specialized feeding

Minnesota, South Central region, Hennepin County (Minneapolis)..... 612-729-8937 or 612-673-4058
Elyn Kirchner, Wildlife Rehabilitation & Release, Inc.
kirchel@gw.startribune.com
Wildlife Species: squirrels
Comments: Leave urgent messages on both phones please. E-mail
opened only M-F, not on weekends.

Minnesota, South Central region, Ramsey County (Roseville)..... 651-486-9453
Philip Jenni (Executive Director), Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota
Wildlife Species: all wild animals; raptors will be transferred to the UMN Raptor Center
Comments: In 2007 we admitted 8,454 animals making us one of the largest wildlife rehabilitators
in the country. Our 13,000 sq ft state-of-the-art wildlife hospital is located at
2530 Dale ST N in Central Park of Roseville.

Jackie in Tampa
09-08-2010, 08:23 AM
I will PM Critter Queen...I aam not having much luck finding any help...other than Federally licensed:dono

TerryD
09-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks for MN links and names.
I have emailed and have a phone number for Nebraska but having very little luck in getting a response.

Thanks again.
Terry

marvin's mom
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
We will raise them if you need help. We're still all set with Fox Valley formula and everything.:D

Jackie in Tampa
09-08-2010, 12:10 PM
:jump :jump :jump :alright.gif :wahoo :wahoo :grouphug :) :D :) :D :crazy :crazy :crazy :thumbsup :multi :multi :multi :multi :Love_Icon :jump :Love_Icon :jump :highfive :highfive :highfive :fireworks :fireworks :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :smilecolors :smilecolors :wave :jump :alright.gif :thumbsup :bowdown :grouphug :bowdown
Yippie!

TerryD
09-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Thank you all,
I have posted to Marvin's Mom already to let her know, but this morning, a squirrrel rehab person from Omaha contacted us, she is part of the Nebraska Wildlife Rehab.............http://www.nebraskawildliferehab.org/
I would have been on marvin's Mom doorstep tomorrow.

Again can't say it enough, that was a gracious offer. We've been so stressed the last 2 nights we are doing something wrong with this little guys. Someone offering to take that fret away and take care of them, is amazing.

We will be road tripping to Omaha tomorrow with the 4. They seem good I don't think we've screwed anything up too much. They really don't seem thrilled with humans, just want out. So I think this is a good sign.

Thank you MM again and everyone on this board that helped us keep them alive and well till their next step in adulthood and eventually stealing food from backyard birdfeeders.

Terry

BareFootAviary
09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Wish I would have found this sooner as well. I am in Fargo and there is a rehabber here in Moorhead. Good luck with the trip!

jo_schmoe
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Wish I would have found this sooner as well. I am in Fargo and there is a rehabber here in Moorhead. Good luck with the trip!

Im in Cooperstown ND....bout an hour from Jamestown ND and will help if needed!