PDA

View Full Version : Are gold fish good snacks?

Rescue04
09-07-2010, 03:09 PM
My daughter thought it would be cute to try and sneak him a treat. But he would not give it back when I tried to take it. He got real upset when I tried to take it, but he really seemed to like it. I am not giving him anymore, but I was concernd if it would hurt him.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-07-2010, 03:17 PM
One or two goldfish won't kill the squirrel, but it isn't a healthy choice so it shouldn't become a regular occurrence.

PDXErik
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
One or two goldfish won't kill the squirrel, but it isn't a healthy choice so it shouldn't become a regular occurrence.

I've heard that they eat birds, too. I was going to get mine a finch, but I have to wait till next weekend.

Rescue04
09-07-2010, 07:04 PM
They eat birds?.........that was a little out of left field! I did pick him up some rodent blocks and he likes them. I think I am going to try the homemade ones from the forum.

PDXErik
09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
They eat birds?.........that was a little out of left field! I did pick him up some rodent blocks and he likes them. I think I am going to try the homemade ones from the forum.

Yeah, shocked me, too. Apparently insects, small rodents, birds, are all on their menu.

I'm not really going to buy a finch, though. That part was a joke.

Rescue04
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I know that! I do know they like the big grub worms, a friend fed some to his.......looked like a kid in willy wonkas factory!

lilidukes
09-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Please be careful about allowing him junk food my Ella turned into a junky, everyone thought it was funny to see her turn orange eating Doritos and Cheetos. :nono :nono :nono :nono And I ended up being the bad mom cause I had to practice tough food love:osnap . Ella still gets snack food every once in a while. Now she prefers mini marshmallows:shakehead whats a mom to do?:thinking