PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here!

AssasinXxXSquirrel
08-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey, I'm a newbie here- i figured out about this site yesterday and immediately found it useful... If your wondering about my name its a long story so make a long story short I called squirrels assassins, not as an insult, but in a playful, sarcastic manner. I sorta stuck with that name :/ Well anyway I was thinking on getting a squirrel, but i am clueless on how to decide. So do you have a squirrel you particularly like? I was thinking of getting a ground squirrel or flying squirrel, but i really don't know. yeah, so hey peoples! I'm probably gonna be an active member so see ya around!

Rainy9
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Hello! :Welcome It's nice to meet you Assasin.

From what I've read on here, flyer squirrels seem to make okay pets (when it comes to squirrels, most types apparently don't make good pets)....only if your willing to put alot of time and effort into caring for the lil guys.

Hope to see you around here alot! The plethora of info and great squirrel stories here is awesome!!!

AssasinXxXSquirrel
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Why thank you rainy! It's nice to meet you too! :D

It seems really great that people here are really nice!
And I'm still deciding on the decision. I really like squirrels but I'm trying to figure out what it takes or if I'm worthy c=:B (squirrel face)

lilidukes
09-01-2010, 07:33 PM
:Welcome Take your time to make your decision these little guys are more than a handful. My grey Ella went from infant to toddler to toddler to toddler always into something. My grey wants me to be totally gray.:shakehead Can't help but love her.

Ronda
09-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi and welcome!!... study up on everything before you get a squirrel..and if you are determined to get one for a pet, be sure it is legal so you can give it the best care possible-including vet care. I have a female grey, Scrat,.. and while she is truly one of the greatest loves of my life, care and upkeep for her is time intensive and expensive-and there is no break for us because no one except me, the housekeeper, and her 'Daddy' can handle her---she pees on and nips at anyone else! ( really this is a good thing-we want her to not like people in case she decides she needs to be released).
Squirrel love is awesome, but it is a big life changing decision-very much like having a child.

Ultra Peepi
09-05-2010, 03:12 PM
:Welcome good advice and help to be found here. goodluck!