PDA

View Full Version : Love them BUT not in attic

DanielsPhotography
08-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I have created a 5-star restaurant for our furry friends. We used to have only Grays but now the Reds have taken over and run off their larger cousins whenever they try to use the feeding station. Unfortunately they want to have too much of a good thing and have taken up residence in the attic :-( .. and eaten through an Ethernet ($$) cable!!!
So I am faced with the task of catch & release or some repellent. And ideas ... particularly in the latter?

CritterMom
08-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Repellent. A sporting goods place may have it; someplace that does hunting stuff...or you can likely buy online from LL Bean or Cabelas (I have had to buy from Bean before - I know they have it in the store; I would imagine it is available online...): FOX URINE.

Soak a few rags in it and put them in a couple of those throw away foil cakepans or something you can toss when you are done and put up in the attic.

They say if you put a radio up there cranked to the max with headbanger they will decamp as well, but the fox urine is a sure bet.

You need to figure out where they get in and seal it after they leave.

Wonkawillie
08-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Be very carefull, they may already have fall babies up there. You dont want to have any mommies chased off by fox urine. Babies left to starve. Also dont seal them off to a possible nest of babies. once you have checked this out, then the fox urine and sealing the entrance should work well.