PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

squirelly1
08-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Hello,
I'm so glad I found this board! I have a 7 month old squirrel with a malocclusion. She is the sweetest, cutest, funniest critter I have ever seen. She provides me with hours of entertainment and I love her to pieces. She is behind developmentally probably due to the seizures she had when she was younger. Aside from her small size and her buck teeth she is very healthy. I need suggestions for feeding her. Currently I make her mash everyday using fox valley formula 2:1, and mutli-grain baby cereal. Then she gets various nuts and fruits. She eats by scraping her food with her bottom teeth, then chews with her molars. She tries to eat the lab block, but due to her malocclusion, it is difficult and takes a long time to eat just a third of one. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
thank you!
:jump

island rehabber
08-24-2010, 11:48 PM
:Welcome we're glad you found us!
I suggest that you PM (private message) a member here named Tomo. She has a few maloccluded nonreleasable squirrels and has devised some wonderful diets for them. She'll have some good ideas for you, I'm sure :thumbsup

TinyPaws
08-25-2010, 05:25 AM
:wave123 Hi and welcome to TSB...Glad you came across us...Don't forget to post as many pictures as you want of your baby...we LOVE pictures....:Welcome