PDA

View Full Version : Good morning everyone!

TexomaGirl
08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Good morning everyone. I'm new to the site, sure am glad I stumbled across it this morning though. I've been on a continuous hunt for squirrel info for the past several days and this site definitely seems to have a lot of info collected together.
Anyways, I'm living in Wills Point, TX with my hubby, cat, dragons, fish etc and our new "baby."
Looking forward to gettin to know everyone and learn lots. :D

Rainy9
08-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Hello TexomaGirl! Nice to meet you! I am also new here(And from texas.Got myself 2 little ones) and I think you can rest assured that you've come to the right place. Lots of very caring and helpful people here. I hope all is going well for you and your little one. :)

Jackie in Tampa
08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
:Welcome :wave123
here is a link to baby info...
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21626
:poke we love pics!
we no longer recommend Esbilac...
PetAg changed manufacturing process...we now all use Fox Valley!

squillgurl
08-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi! And welcome to the squirrel friendliest site Ive ever seen :Welcome Great place, great people and great advice :). Im from the oma part of Texoma, but I did live in Texas for quite some time :thumbsup Know you'll find all the info you will need here! Good luck with your baby!

TexomaGirl
08-24-2010, 09:03 PM
I had read originally that Esbilac was the best thing to feed them, but she is going to be switched to the FV formula, I have the page open to order it, just one question, I'm estimating her to be approx 3 weeks old and the site says up to 3 weeks to use the 22/40 and then switch to the 20/50. So I'm just not sure which I should order. I'll try to get pics up of her tonight though so I can get some guesses at her age.
We just bought a house and I still have boxes of stuff stacked around the house, not sure which box my scale ended up in. :dono
But her eyes are still closed, she has her top and bottom teeth already (just got her top teeth in a couple days ago), and she started getting the fur down her belly about 3 or so days ago.
I've raised a variety of critters before and I've always wanted the experience of raising a squirrel, just terrified I'm going to do something wrong.
But she is in a very small aquarium that has a sliding screened lid. Heat pad under half of it, a water bottle on the side of the heat pad that she seems to like to curl up to, soft cloth for nesting material and a towel over the screened lid to prevent any drafts.
I feed her every 3 1/2 ish hours and this week since I'm on vacation from work I've upped the anti on how often I'm feeding her because she seemed too thin. She is gaining weight now tho :D
The woman who gave her to me was feeding her regular cows milk out of a bottle and she was so thin. The woman thought it was cute/funny how she would eat so fast that it would come out of her nose. So I've been keeping a very close eye and ear on her to be alert for any clicking.
She pees great now and her poo is a nice solid mustard. This week she has started making this almost grunting sounding noise at me when I have her out for feeding. Doesn't do it when I'm feeding her, but like when she's crawling around on me looking for food she makes those grunting noises a little. Is that normal?

squillgurl
08-24-2010, 09:19 PM
My squirrel does it every morning when I bring her breakfast. She has done it as long as Ive had her, almost a year. So I think yes, its normal. But the experts might have questions :dono