PDA

View Full Version : When he will grow top teeth?

Squirrel-lover
08-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi All,
I am rehabbing a baby squirrel. He opened his eyes on August 08. I am checking his teeth everyday. I am wondering when he will grow the top teeth. Plus, when he will eat some solid food? Right now, he chews the solid food but he spits it out.

Squirrel-lover
08-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Nobody??

lelliott
08-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Are you sure they're not there already? Mine just opened his eyes on Sunday/Monday, and I noticed two days ago that his teeth are there. What got me though is that I can't see them - it was only when he started nibbling/sucking on my finger that I realized they'd come in. He won't let me open his mouth, so looking is difficult.. Maybe see if he'll nibble on your finger a bit? Be careful you don't get bitten though :) Mine is still young enough that I wasn't worried he'd bite too hard.

Squirrel-lover
08-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I can see them, 2 little white teeth, maybe because this is my first squirrel and I don't know how they supposed to look. I mean, I thought that they would be as long as the bottom ones. He nibbles on my hand all the time, but not hard. I used the trick that I used with my rats, I squeeked when he bit me the first time, and he stopped biting. Now he is play biting, although I know he can bite harder. He does not eat any solid food yet, but he nibbles them... He started to grow so much bigger since I changed his formula to Foxvalley:wahoo

jo_schmoe
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Got any pics of the little guy? I can't ever get enough! lol

island rehabber
08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Squirrels' bottom teeth are longer than the top -- much longer. Glad you've got him on FV and he's growing well! :thumbsup

Squirrel-lover
08-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Got pics but the attachment does not load up..

Milo's Mom
08-20-2010, 06:46 PM
I had that problem with the images not uploading. Try downsizing the image (a copy of the original) and then try to upload it again.
I also had many many problems with this entire site while using IE. Firefox has not a single problem and after I downsized my pics, they uploaded with no problem.
What photo editing software are you using?

Squirrel-lover
08-20-2010, 07:57 PM
OMG, I learned few things about my laptop tonight, hope these will be good. The first one is the day after we found him and the second one is this morning.

Jackie in Tampa
08-21-2010, 05:00 AM
:D :Love_Icon

Squirrel-lover
08-21-2010, 08:00 AM
what do you think of his age?? I think on Sunday he will be 7 weeks, however a rehabber told me that he is about 6 weeks.