PDA

View Full Version : Michelle in Tampa ~ Hello Everyone!

michelle7749
08-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Hi Ya'll,
I'm Michelle, a 43 year old farm-raised country girl, married to Gene. I work for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office as a Booking Clerk (now on 6 years!).

Gene found a baby squirrel in our back yard that was only a few days old and we've worked together to raise him. He's now 7 months old. Gene named him E.T. because he thought the baby looked like an alien haha.

I work the night shift (7pm-7am) and Gene's retired. With our schedule, it was pretty easy for one of us to attend to the every two hour feeding schedule at first.

We've become so attached to E.T. that neither of us has the heart to try and release him for fear that something will happen to him. We live in an area with high numbers of hawks and cars, so it's just too scary to think of.

Gene is now at the moment building a new "condo" for E.T. to live in. It will take up half of our living room when finished lol. We pretty much let E.T. have the run of the house when we're here so he's not all cooped up in a cage.

I'll post pictures soon! Thanks for listening and happy squirrelling :squirrel1
~ Michelle

Jackie in Tampa
08-15-2010, 08:49 AM
:Welcome :wave123

gs1
08-15-2010, 08:54 AM
:Welcome

sounds like an amazing cage!!!

:Welcome

michelle7749
08-15-2010, 10:12 AM
http://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/michelle7749/ET%20the%20baby%20Squirrel/

Hi Ya'll,
I've just posted an album of E.T. pictures in my Photobucket for sharing. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Have a great day!
Michelle

lilbitsquirrely
08-15-2010, 11:36 AM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome

Skul
08-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Holy Smokes!! Another one in Tampa!!:rotfl :rofl4:Welcome

Gina
08-15-2010, 12:22 PM
:Welcome Hello Michelle. Love all the pics of ET from little baby on up. He sure is a cutie, not at all spoiled, hahaha :multi Look forward to following his lil life and adventures here on TSB.

Owned by Wayne & Garth

mpetys
08-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi Ya'll,
I'm Michelle, a 43 year old farm-raised country girl, married to Gene. I work for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office as a Booking Clerk (now on 6 years!).

Gene found a baby squirrel in our back yard that was only a few days old and we've worked together to raise him. He's now 7 months old. Gene named him E.T. because he thought the baby looked like an alien haha.

I work the night shift (7pm-7am) and Gene's retired. With our schedule, it was pretty easy for one of us to attend to the every two hour feeding schedule at first.

We've become so attached to E.T. that neither of us has the heart to try and release him for fear that something will happen to him. We live in an area with high numbers of hawks and cars, so it's just too scary to think of.

Gene is now at the moment building a new "condo" for E.T. to live in. It will take up half of our living room when finished lol. We pretty much let E.T. have the run of the house when we're here so he's not all cooped up in a cage.

I'll post pictures soon! Thanks for listening and happy squirrelling :squirrel1
~ Michelle

Good gosh! Ever feel like you are in the twilight zone? I read your post and kept having to do double takes! My name is Michele (the one "L" variety) and I live in Tampa. My husbands name is Gene also. My Gene found baby squirrels in our backyard back in January. One survived. His name is MonkeyButt and he is 7 months old! We, too, became very attached to our little one and did not want to release him. We also live in an area with hawks (have one pair that raises a family every year) and cars (busy hwy 301). In our case, my Gene is still working but I am not. I am a wee bit older than you but I am not saying how much!!

We just got through building a cage for MonkeyButt in our living room.

Anyhow, WELCOME! I look forward to hearing stories of him growing up. We could really share experiences since they are both the same age and male.

I wonder other similarities we might have. Do you have any of the two legged kids? We don't. We do have dogs, cats, rabbits, cockatiels, ducks, geese and chickens. We live out near I-4 & hwy 301. My husband is into beekeeping and I knit.

Okay that's enough for now to see if there are any other similarities. In the meantime, I am going to look at your pictures!

Michele in Tampa

stosh2010
08-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Welcome >>>from Costa Rica I have a 7 month old Furr-Ball too. Rama Rota-the KING of Costa Rica. Rama is a Broccoli eater as well ( I saw your E.T. eating some in your Photos )
Look forward to your story--continuing --on TSB
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING ( of Costa Rica )

Dwight and Chelsea
08-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi Michelle :Welcome

Momma Squirrel
08-15-2010, 06:10 PM
:Welcome Michelle with two "L"s ( : and Gene and of course most important E.T.

Sounds like he is a very lucky little guy to have you guys for his parents. Can't wait to see the new condo :thumbsup

Kelly Brady
08-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Hello Michelle, I too had to do a double take. I was like "I thought Michele's squirrel was Monkey butt" ? :rotfl

Tampa is just a squirrel lovin group. Even though I am just over the bridge in St. Pete I consider myself to be in the best of company.

:Welcome Michelle and Gene and ET:multi

Ronda
08-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Hello and welcome.... ET is just adorable, great pics-thank you for sharing!

michelle7749
08-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful welcome!:thankyou

silentenigma
08-17-2010, 10:38 AM
What a great looking lil guy! I love the baby pic of E.T. in the tree, so cute! :D

Ultra Peepi
08-17-2010, 02:02 PM
:Welcome hi! love all the pics, so adorable!!

michelle7749
09-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Do you have any of the two legged kids? We don't. We do have dogs, cats, rabbits, cockatiels, ducks, geese and chickens. We live out near I-4 & hwy 301. My husband is into beekeeping and I knit.

Hey Michele :-)
Gene and I both have adult kids from other marriages. We do have chickens, a Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix, and of course E.T. You say that you're a knitter? I have always wanted to learn, but never had anyone to teach me and I just can't get it by watching YouTube videos....maybe some day you can teach me????