PDA

View Full Version : Lisa From Elgin Illinois

Pond Luvr
08-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Hello Im Lisa and from my name i guess you can tell my main hobby is koi ponds. The rescuing of animals is just something that has always come naturally so i do it when ever needed. Lately It's been way to much. Poor critters.

My neighbors drop off everything to my family..I'm the local Dr. Doolittle

I used to raise turtles both land and water, but it became to hard to manage and go out of town often, so i gave it up.

If anyone needs help with ponds or turtles i can help :)

I have 2 daughters, 1 grand daughter, a husband, 2 ponds, a pomeranian, 2 cats and about 13 koi both regular fin and butterfly fin.

I have saved and raised bunnies, ducks, a gossling, raccoons, kittens, a few birds, but my 1st experience with a squirrel was a sickly one so i turned it over to the experienced people of this forum...unfortunately by the time i had gotten it it had been laying on the ground a day or two in the hot 90 degree weather.

We have a 40' camper in wisconsin, and i have bird feeders and hummingbird feeders, i love hummingbirds, and they fight over the feeder i spend alot of time just watching their antics....

ok i have rambled enough....

lilbitsquirrely
08-13-2010, 01:06 PM
:wave123 :Welcome I also have a Koi pond ,Butterfly and Japanese.I also have comets and fancy tails and 1 Mollie.I did not know that the koi would breed with the comets and I would have Mutt Fish but Its all alright,I can live with it.I guess that's all that matters.I'm not into the show Koi thing,I just enjoy my fish.I am always learning and have an open mind for suggestions and help.:thankyou :jump

Pond Luvr
08-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Hello
Yes those boy koi's and shubunkins, commets and all others will spawn on anyones eggs. Im not into show koi but i do keep the regular koi in one pond and the butterfly in the other, i did not want to deal with tons of mutts :) Plus i sell the over abundance, and weed out the dark blah ones, they go into a neighbors 90 thousand gallon pond that has river fish and all sorts of stuff in it. Even with keeping them separate the fry are 90% nasty and 10% colorful.

A molly? where do you live? In illinois anything but hardy fish will die by fall due to the temps.

mugzeezma
08-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Hello Im Lisa and from my name i guess you can tell my main hobby is koi ponds. The rescuing of animals is just something that has always come naturally so i do it when ever needed. Lately It's been way to much. Poor critters.

My neighbors drop off everything to my family..I'm the local Dr. Doolittle

I used to raise turtles both land and water, but it became to hard to manage and go out of town often, so i gave it up.

If anyone needs help with ponds or turtles i can help :)

I have 2 daughters, 1 grand daughter, a husband, 2 ponds, a pomeranian, 2 cats and about 13 koi both regular fin and butterfly fin.

I have saved and raised bunnies, ducks, a gossling, raccoons, kittens, a few birds, but my 1st experience with a squirrel was a sickly one so i turned it over to the experienced people of this forum...unfortunately by the time i had gotten it it had been laying on the ground a day or two in the hot 90 degree weather.

We have a 40' camper in wisconsin, and i have bird feeders and hummingbird feeders, i love hummingbirds, and they fight over the feeder i spend alot of time just watching their antics....

ok i have rambled enough....
It was a bit of a difficult circumstance but a pleasure to have met you Lisa.
You are a beautiful soul. I wish I hadn't had to give you the bum's rush.
I'm so so sorry she didn't make it.
I even had the kids pulling out the heating pad. ringers, syringes, etc for her arrival.
Next time you can gust give me a jingle.
So glad to have you on board! :Welcome

Pond Luvr
08-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I will do that, and im sorry i wasnt there when you arrived.

Thank you so much for trying, and im sorry about your losses, im hoping someone needs a mother for a nice healthy baby soon to ease your heart.

mugzeezma
08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I will do that, and im sorry i wasnt there when you arrived.

Thank you so much for trying, and im sorry about your losses, im hoping someone needs a mother for a nice healthy baby soon to ease your heart.
you weren't there?
who was that cute blonde who said she was Lisa then??? :D

seriously
there will never be another Mugzi
he was one of kind :Love_Icon

Pond Luvr
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
That was my daughter Sarah haha to much distraction im sure to catch names

Ultra Peepi
08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
:Welcome a bit late, but welcome nonetheless! :)