PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New Squirrel Mom!

Runestonez
08-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi All!
My name is Danielle, a first time squirrel mom, and I am so glad to finally be registered! lol
My computer was giving me grief and I couldn't get registered...so I have been lurking and reading(sometimes desperately) for the last 3 weeks! :D

We currently have 4 baby Eastern Grey Squirrels. Their nest came down in a storm July 12th at a neighbours house. They were blue and icy cold. We tried for 2 days to get the mom to take them back...sitting vigil for 6 hours at a time...but eventually gave up. My neighbour was VERY gungho about raising them herself...but as the fleas and lice etc became more obvious and I was explaining the feeding and picking off of parasites...she decided they weren't her thing! LOL That and she wasn't impressed at the price of formula and pedialyte!
So I snatched 'em up and beat a hasty retreat to my house and they have been our "problem" since then!:D And I'm loving every moment of it! :D

Danielle :)

gs1
08-02-2010, 08:15 PM
:Welcome

and i saw you asked about the squirrel blocks for them to teeth on ....

I've no idea....

no you don't want them to choke....

(hint) ask questions like that in the non-emergency help needed lol...

faster response...

:Welcome :D

Ratman
08-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Glad those squirrels have a friend in you :) :Welcome

Hi All!
My name is Danielle, a first time squirrel mom, and I am so glad to finally be registered! lol
My computer was giving me grief and I couldn't get registered...so I have been lurking and reading(sometimes desperately) for the last 3 weeks! :D

We currently have 4 baby Eastern Grey Squirrels. Their nest came down in a storm July 12th at a neighbours house. They were blue and icy cold. We tried for 2 days to get the mom to take them back...sitting vigil for 6 hours at a time...but eventually gave up. My neighbour was VERY gungho about raising them herself...but as the fleas and lice etc became more obvious and I was explaining the feeding and picking off of parasites...she decided they weren't her thing! LOL That and she wasn't impressed at the price of formula and pedialyte!
So I snatched 'em up and beat a hasty retreat to my house and they have been our "problem" since then!:D And I'm loving every moment of it! :D

Danielle :)

Ultra Peepi
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi! Thanks for helping those babies!:Welcome

Runestonez
08-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks Everyone!:)
It isn't hard helping the babies, although I could really get with better feeding hours! lol
They are a joy! :)
Webster is totally independant, Gordo is my Buddha Belly, Malli is the Diva of the bunch and Clive is a mommas boy! :Love_Icon
Its gonna be horrible setting them free in the end!
:)