PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the nations capital

justAddNuts
07-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Here's a few pics of the usual cast - the squirrels of our neighborhood here on the VA bank of the Potomac. mjs
First, i'd like to say we've greatly enjoyed the pics posted on this site. So many adorable little ones. Here's a few of ours.
It all started back in winter. The squirrels were diggin thru 3 ft. of snow to eat rocks and dirt. Poor squirrels – they were clearly starving. So I put out a bowl of almonds. But they were fighting over them. I had to get out there and toss them the nuts to keep them from fighting so much. Some of them would take the nuts right out of my hands - even on the first day – that's how hungry they were. By now almost all of them do. They trust me completely. So we feed them everyday. The main action is in the morning – that's when everyone shows up – sometimes up to 10 at the same time. The rest of the day is a few here and there. My morning ritual is to get out there at dawn with pecans and almonds and a few extras and hand out the nuts.
Besides getting attached to the little ones – we have names for about 16 of them – we're also a little concerned about some of the injuries we're seeing and how common those are. I'm going to learn what I can from this board and hopefully care for some of the wounds – or at least try.
Anyway, here's a few of our little buddies. I shrank the pics and added a few names and a few things that pop into my head when I see these pictures. Enjoy.:D

SkweeksMom
07-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Awww, great pics! What happy healthy squirrels. Hubby and I took our older kids to the the museums and saw a beautiful white squirrel. There are some really pretty babies there. Thanks for the pictures...keep 'em commin'. :wahoo

Momma Squirrel
07-25-2010, 08:15 AM
:Welcome and thanks for sharing those great pictures, they are very cute and healthy :thumbsup Captions were great :tilt

Ronda
07-25-2010, 10:02 AM
great pics and really cute captions... *smooches up the 'kiss me kiss me kiss me' squirrel*

ty for sharing them :Love_Icon

justAddNuts
07-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks SkweeksMom, Mama Squirrel and Ronda for stopping by and for the compliments. The squirrels never stop doing cute interesting things so more pics on the way. :thankyou

tomcics
07-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Beautiful clear pics, enjoyed seeing PokerFace and gang. Keep them coming.

Hannah
07-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Beautiful pictures, justAddNuts. Wow, 16. That's a lot of squirrels. :)