winy ...

itsty ...

bitsty ...

little ...

baby ....

chipmunk :jump

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/psychoticfeather/DSC05937.jpg

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/psychoticfeather/DSC05939.jpg

The sound the shutter on my camera scared her so I stopped taking photos for now.

Jackie in Tampa
06-27-2010, 09:50 AM
:thumbsup :Love_Icon oh lala...
:poke name??

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I haven't named her yet :dono

squillgurl
06-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Awwww, I looove chipmunks! I used to sit on my back patio and they would come up and stuff their little cheeks full of sunflower seeds from my hand and run back to their hidey holes to put them away. Ah, the good ol' days...sigh*. She is a little cutie!:Love_Icon

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Who wants to help name the baby :jump

Pointy Tale
06-27-2010, 01:43 PM
psychotic feather— :wave123 Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac99/PointyTale/Smileys/WelcomeHome.gif little girl. Can you tell I'm soooo happy for you? http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac99/PointyTale/Smileys/bear-somersault.gif

I’d love to help you name her, did you have any ideas yet?
I'll just throw Sophie in there for you.

JLM27
06-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Congratulations, PF! You waited sooooooo long!

How about Melissandre?

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
The two names I thought up were:

Timpani - she likes to tap her little feetsies

Canela - spanish for cinnamon

Chipmunk_lover
06-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi PF :wave123 , she looks beautiful

silly me i was looking in the chipmunk section didn't think about here

I got ur PM, it is usual for them to be alittle nervous when you first bring them home.

Glad to hear all went well

Holly and Chelsea were names i considered for Nutkin and Willow at the time.

I'm sure whatever name you pick will be great, sometimes i name mine straight away other times it can be a week before i pick a name which suits.

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Ahrlan doesn't have cinnamon colored stripes. I was wondering if the baby had a bit of cinnamon munk in her :poke what do you think?
The baby came out as soon as I moved her cage upstairs. I think it was too noisy downstairs for her. She is a bit shy and jumpy, but she does let me pet her and scratch her. I think she is really scared of my cat though. Every time my cat passes her cage the baby does an alarm chirp and hides in a corner. Then that gets Ahrlan chirping lol

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 05:47 PM
She is still a bit camera shy

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/psychoticfeather/DSC05952.jpg

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/psychoticfeather/DSC05945.jpg

Chipmunk_lover
06-27-2010, 05:56 PM
She does have goldish stripes similar to Nutkin, she's my Cinnamon Carrier. Nutkin doesn't have the full colouring like Bailey does, he is a Cinnamon. Nutkin's mum carries the gene, dad doesn't. Willow doesn't carry the gene.

What colour were the parents?

Could you post a pic of Ahrlan and the new girl side by side for comparion for example like this one of my Bailey and Nutkin? I hope it is ok to post a picture

Bailey (male) is my only Cinnamon at the moment, i have been looking for a female for a long time but they are very hard to get here, i have finally found some girls and hoping to get them soon.

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't mind you posting pics! I like seeing your babies :jump
I will make a comparison in a sec. I have a good photo of Ahrlan's back stripes I will just have to find it lol

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 06:47 PM
The two middle stripes on Ahrlan are a creme color.
The two middle stripes on the baby are a reddish color.
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/psychoticfeather/ahrlanvstimpani.jpg

Chipmunk_lover
06-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Great comparision pictures

hers do look very different to his, also her white stripes are also whiter than his, i have found on Cinnamon's the white stripes are very white

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 07:33 PM
So do you think she may have the cinnamunk gene? :rotfl

I let the baby borrow Ahrlan's favorite sock.
At first she sniffed at it, and then she rolled all over it and went inside of it.
Now she is stuffing it with shredded paper:rotfl
I am going to give the sock back to Ahrlan so he can have a sniff at it tomorrow.
Not sure how he will feel about the decorations on it :jump

psychotic feather
06-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I have decided to name the baby...
Canela :jump

But baby Canela doesn't want to go to sleep and is still up playing with Ahrlan's sock :dono

wolfysluv
06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
oh my gosh, Canela's colors are to die for. ugh! And the fact that it's in the stripes is even cooler.

Flower was very red when I got her. It was an overall red. Now its gone and she is light brown. :( I miss that color.

How old was/is she when you got her? I'm so excited. It was hard to wait this long. I dont know how you did it.
:thumbsup

psychotic feather
06-28-2010, 02:53 PM
I believe she is about 11 weeks old. I am really excited, I have waited almost four years to get a friend for Ahrlan. I put their cages together today and Ahrlan came out and has sat still for about two hours just watching her. He didn't stomp his feet or flag his tail. After that they both started running in their wheels. Now Canela is copying everything Ahrlan is doing. It is the funniest thing. If If Ahrlan runs in his wheel Canela runs in hers, If he stops she stops, if he takes a drink she takes a drink, if he takes a bath she takes a bath

Pointy Tale
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
PF: all so exciting, sounds like you're having a blast with Canela and doesn't seem like Ahrlan minds too much! :) So cute.

JLM27
06-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Sweet Canela!:Welcome PF, that's a great idea about Ahrlan's sock. How is Ahrlan, my favorite chipmunk?

psychotic feather
06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Ahrlan is doing great! He keeps going over to the side of the cage and calling Canela over. They sit there and sniff at each other and then go back to playing. I don't think this could have turned out better. I can't wait to let them both loose in the playroom :jump

Chipmunk_lover
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
So do you think she may have the cinnamunk gene?

I let the baby borrow Ahrlan's favorite sock.
At first she sniffed at it, and then she rolled all over it and went inside of it.
Now she is stuffing it with shredded paper
I am going to give the sock back to Ahrlan so he can have a sniff at it tomorrow.
Not sure how he will feel about the decorations on it

Cinnamunk i like that,

She looks similar to Nutkin my Cinnamon carrier so yeah maybe she does have it.

Good idea about the sock, that way Ahrlan can get used to Canela's scent

Pointy Tale
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
That is so awesome. I can't wait for their first playdate and of course, I'd like a video :D

psychotic feather
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Hmmm I would love to make a video, but the camera of mine that had the video feature broke (you can thank my older sis for that)

Skul
06-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Aaw, PF, that's a cutie.
We just got stripe mooned by a chippy.:wahoo

psychotic feather
06-28-2010, 09:18 PM
:wave123 She is a real sweet heart. She is a bit more grabby than Ahrlan is though, and she doesn't like anyone peeking in her house box :nono

pappy1264
06-29-2010, 08:00 AM
What a doll! I would love a chippie! We have so many wild ones that live around my house/yard. It is adorable when the spring babies come out, they run around the yard, chasing and playing, not paying any attention to us or the dogs....lol We have a very large family (or families) of them here. So I do at least get to enjoy watching them!

psychotic feather
06-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Wow an entire family of chipmunks? :sanp3 I have only had two wild munks in my yard so far.

Today I put Canela's cage inside of the playroom and then let Ahrlan loose.
He didn't want to run around, dig, or even climb.
He is just sitting on my desk and watching Canela.
He seems fascinated with her :dono

pappy1264
06-29-2010, 05:57 PM
He is probably like 'she looks familiar, but who is she'....lol Yes, we have alot of them and the babies when they first come out, it is so cute!!!! They play wrestle in the middle of the yard, oblivious to the world, it seems at times...lol And boy, when I put out mealworms, they go nuts, literally! lol It is so funny watching them trying to stuff as many wiggling mealies into their mouth as they can....hehehehe.......

lilbitsquirrely
06-29-2010, 07:17 PM
:wahoo How breathtaking.she is too cute.:flash3

Gina
06-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Canela is adorable and I love her name. I can just picture Ahrlan sitting there studying her, like, what the heck are you?:poke

:Welcome baby Canela!!

psychotic feather
06-30-2010, 11:11 AM
I am going to let Canela out of her cage today :wott
I want to start handling her now.
She is already pretty friendly, but she is also very jumpy and shy.

lilbitsquirrely
06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
:thumbsup

Feeze
07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Whew! PF, this thread needs to be in the chippy forum.:poke I know, I should probably pay more attention to this forum, so the newbies feel the love.:hidechair

Canela is adorable, and now I see what Ahrlan's tail is supposed to look like. It'll be interesting to see how Ahrlan will respond to her when there are no bars seperating them.:sanp3 So... how do you plan to keep them from breeding when she is old enough?:dono

psychotic feather
07-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Youre right Feeze :D
I think Canela has been introduced enough :rotfl
I am going to make a new thread in the chippy section of TSB even though no one ever stops by there *hint hint* :poke

lilbitsquirrely
07-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Youre right Feeze :D
I think Canela has been introduced enough :rotfl
I am going to make a new thread in the chippy section of TSB even though no one ever stops by there *hint hint* :poke
tinfoil Send me a link I'll try and visit.:thumbsup

Feeze
07-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Boy I'm not sure I appreciate being called a nobody.:poke

psychotic feather
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
it was a joke feeze lol :rotfl

astra
07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
what a sweet little tiny thing!:Love_Icon

Ultra Peepi
07-02-2010, 01:30 PM