PDA

View Full Version : Popular fruits?

alibert
06-27-2010, 12:24 AM
My girl doesn't seem to like fruit much lol. She goes batty over kale/turnip/mustard greens, tomato, and carrots. She'll go for a carrot or cherry tomato before a pecan. :thinking

About the only fruits she'll eat are bananas and sometimes apples. Avocados are ok (not crazy about it though), and let her mango rot through the bottom of the cage lol. I don't like how starchy the bananas are for her, and she's starting to get bored with them.

Also, what does everyone think about Mazuri rodent block. I've seen it reccommended on some sites, but also that soybeans aren't great for them, and that's the main ingredient....so, I'm confused.

Thanks,
-Amanda

4skwerlz
06-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Fruit should be an occasional treat. Veggies are much healthier. I don't personally like Mazuri (or any commercial pet food) because of the low-quality ingredients, preservatives, etc., but ANY rodent block is better than no rodent block. They must eat some kind of block. Harlan Teklad is a little higher quality. The trick is to get them to EAT them!

jessicalyn
06-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Be thankful she likes veggies, but they do get bored, so a weekly, or daily change can help. Do not worry if she is not a fruit girl.. Have you tried red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, snap peas, sugar snap peas? zuccinni, butter lettuce, baby leaf lettuce, raddichio, artichoke? I have tried commercial blocks, and although my lil girl nibbled, I find them have eaten and hidden, so I order HHB and she loves them, or you can make your own, alot less bi products and alot healthier.. Also wild foods are good to have branches, flowers etc, all on the diet menu..

momma2boo
06-29-2010, 07:15 AM
You can always try watermelon or red seedless grapes. They are a nice treat. Watermelon is high in water content and low in sugar.