PDA

View Full Version : Veggies

LadyV
06-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Nugget will not eat vegetables! He loves fruit, but no veggies! Any ideas?

Cejemere
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Morning is when they are most hungry, give the veggies then and continue until he eats them. Eventually, he will learn its whats for breakfast,lunch and dinner! Try different veggies also, give an assortment with each feeding, he will pick through them and find out what he likes and throw the rest on the floor:D Treats come after he eats his veggies, not before.

4skwerlz
06-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Cut out the fruit entirely. What kid will eat broccoli when he can have strawberries instead?

LadyV
06-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks

SquirrelsinSingapore
06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I had bocolli diced, carrot diced into tiny ice cube size. True enough, they are also overthrown to ground. Should I try and cook the veggies to make squirrels want to eat them? or should I just offer other ingredients.

I'm just trying to provide for them a healthy and balanced daily diet. Currently I am feeding sunflower seeds, corn, baby corn, and raw peanuts like almond and walnut. Their favourite seems to be the crunchy walnut and sliced bananas.

Any recommendation/suggestion are appreciated and welcomed =)

Mine are Plantian squirrels... (illustration of how they look like)
http://www.wildsingapore.com/wildfacts/vertebrates/mammals/notatus.htm

Cejemere
06-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Henrys Healthy Blocks in the morning and veggies in the day. Limit the nuts, they are treats not food. No corn either, not good for them. They will learn to eat and like the veggies you feed them if it what is there and nothing else is given.

jessicalyn
06-25-2010, 09:46 PM
I had bocolli diced, carrot diced into tiny ice cube size. True enough, they are also overthrown to ground. Should I try and cook the veggies to make squirrels want to eat them? or should I just offer other ingredients.

I'm just trying to provide for them a healthy and balanced daily diet. Currently I am feeding sunflower seeds, corn, baby corn, and raw peanuts like almond and walnut. Their favourite seems to be the crunchy walnut and sliced bananas.

Any recommendation/suggestion are appreciated and welcomed =)

Mine are Plantian squirrels... (illustration of how they look like)
http://www.wildsingapore.com/wildfacts/vertebrates/mammals/notatus.htm
Depending on the squirrel I wld guess, but that is not the healthy suggestion for all squirrels.. I do nuts as a treat, no sunflower seed, no, no raw peanuts, no corn.. You shld see the nutrition page and there is a diet plan there.. Squirrels get bored, mine does, so switch the meals up.. Make sure there are no stashes of nuts too.