PDA

View Full Version : how old to release?

bobo
10-31-2006, 09:44 AM
:thinking Hi I have a 10 or 11 week old flying squirrel that we have raised on Esbilac for 6 weeks. He has gotten big. I was wondering what to do, is he too young to let go?

Momma Squirrel
10-31-2006, 10:07 AM
:Welcome bobo, I think you are our first member from Australia, glad to have you. That has always been my dream vacation 2 weeks in Australia :crazy Just wanted to say hi and I will let more experienced members tell you about your flyer. What is his/her name?? do you have any pictures. We love pictures, don't believe I have seen an Australian flyer??

Gabe
10-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Bobo does he eat on his own? For how long now? When was the last time he had formula? Try to give us some more info

GhosTS
10-31-2006, 06:35 PM
bobo, the good release age is around 14-16 weeks, when they can fully take care of themselves.

muffinsquirrel
11-03-2006, 09:22 PM
:Welcome bobo, I think you are our first member from Australia, glad to have you........ don't believe I have seen an Australian flyer??

I've had computer trouble for the past week+, and am just now back online. Did I miss something? I don't see where it says Bobo is from Australia? It says southern US, I think. Oh, and they don't have flyers in Australia. In fact, they don't have any type of squirrels at all there. They do have Sugar Gliders, and a whole bunch of other interesting animals there, tho.

muffinsquirrel

zippy96444
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I've had computer trouble for the past week+, and am just now back online. Did I miss something? I don't see where it says Bobo is from Australia? It says southern US, I think. Oh, and they don't have flyers in Australia. In fact, they don't have any type of squirrels at all there. They do have Sugar Gliders, and a whole bunch of other interesting animals there, tho.

muffinsquirrel

I am a teacher and rehabber and just did a unit of squirrels today and one of the facts was no squirrels in Australia. I thought maybe my info was wrong!