PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New to the SB. Wish I found you years ago!

pxltarity
06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Hello,

I am new to the squirrel board, didn't know that there was even such a thing. I have rescued two baby grays in the last few years and loved them very much. The first one didnt last too long but he was in the middle of the road when I found him and I checked n a nearby tree and found several dead babies at the bottom of the tree trunk so I dont know what happened there or how long he had been without anything to eat/drink. The other one I found at the barn I worked at he was young and was in a horse stall and squealing and the horse was trying to trample him. I got him out alive and had him for a long time. He always had a cough though and was missing a chunk of hair off of his head when I found him but it eventually grew back. He was like my baby always sleeping on my lap and we went out for walks and such and he was doing great and then one day I woke up went to check on him and he was dead, absolutely broke my heart!! Im glad he had a good and spoiled life though and that he didnt meet his end due to a horse and I will never forget him he truly touched my heart. Just wanted to share his story and wish that I had found you guys sooner.

Pointy Tale
06-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi pxltarity—:wave123
:Welcome to The Squirrel Board, so Glad you found us! You’ve certainly come to the right place and there are many wonderful and friendly people and Rehabbers here to help you with any questions you may have.
He was absolutely beautiful what was his name and how old when he passed? May he rest in peace.

pxltarity
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
His name was Chase and I had him for almost a year and he was young when I got him so somewhere around a year. He was so much fun and so sweet never bit or acted aggressive towards me or anyone else just loved to be pet and snuggle and explore of course. And thank you for the welcome, I am so excited to have found a site so loving of squirrels and with so much information.

Skul
06-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Poor little guy has a boo-boo.

pxltarity
06-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes he did come with a boo boo and I have NO idea how he would have gotten that. But it did grow back in time and never seemed to bother him there was no scab or bruise or anything just missing a square patch of hair on his head, I found it very odd.

Skul
06-18-2010, 11:32 AM
What's interesting...often time when hair grows back after an injury,
it's a slightly different color. he doesn't seem to show that.

virgo062
06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
What a cutie patootie...Chase you were a charmed squirrel. it's amazing how something "wild" and so small can change your whole life

pxltarity
06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
No his coloring wasnt different at all. I have a horse and I know that when they get an injury the hair usually grows back white or at least a lighter shade, but with Chase, the color wasnt different at all. In fact if people had met him after the hair grew back theyd never know that he was ever missing any. He was also missing some hair on his front hands but that also grew back and came in normal colored. this is a pic of him once his hair grew back.....

pxltarity
06-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes it's amazing how they are so small but yet they do impact your life in a big way!

Skul
06-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes it's amazing how they are so small but yet they do impact your life in a big way!
Flyers are even worse when it comes to that. :eek:

Milo's Mom
06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Welcome to TSB. :Welcome
I am a relatively new member myself and I have very quickly learned that everyone on here is SO very caring, they understand what it means to love a squirrel...simply put, they are GREAT!!! I am very sorry to hear that Chase has passed. He sure was a cutie. Just wanted to say hi :wave123 & welcome!

MomOf2squirrels
06-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Awww what a cute sweet little guy Chase must have been. I too am glad for this site. This site helped me raise my sweet little girl squirrel who I thought was a boy. LOL I was looking at FluffyTailNuts pictures of bean and you can clearly see the difference. Squirrels are wonderful little friends. Welcome to the board.

Ultra Peepi
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
:Welcome hi! glad you found the board, you will love it here.:)

he was a cute little one, so sorry for your loss.:grouphug

island rehabber
06-18-2010, 04:58 PM
:Welcome Chase was a beautiful boy..I love his coloring. We're glad you found us, this is the best nuthouse on the net. :D

tomcics
06-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the site, I agree your Chase was very adorable, his face is so innocent and klind looking

pxltarity
06-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcomes. Yes he was a cutie!!

Chickenlegs
06-19-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm so glad you're here. My baby came into my life a year ago as a pinkie--still had her umbilical. The good folks here helped her grow up to be a big squirrel girl who is just tasting the great out doors. These are the kind of folks that God entrusted his beloved animals to. There's a whole lot of the other kind of people in the world--the evil ones--and it's a relief that there's a place they AREN'T. This is an oasis of kindness. WELCOME!!!!!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon Your little Chase was paving the way for you to help other babies. He sure was a sweetheart.

Ronda
06-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Welcome! Chase was an adorable baby and obviously well loved. This really is a great board with wonderful people and very good information. There are some excellent threads with good stories and great pics. Always glad to see another squirrel lover. My baby gray ,about 3 months old is named Scrat... we thought she was a boy too (i am so glad to see i am not the only one to make this mistake):p

Fivefootsix
06-19-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that your little Chase passed. May you find comfort knowing he is at Rainbow Bridge in very good company.

Sounds like you did a GREAT job caring for him! The patch on his head would have made me love him even more (if that's possible).

I too, am new here and find this site absolutely wonderful. This is my first experience caring for a baby grey, and I had no idea how much joy such a wild little critter could provide and how many Squirrel Lover's there are out there.

People call me "crazy" for rescuing and nuturing my Ozzy Boy...I simply reply: "NO, he's NOT a rat, and until you've cared for one, don't be so quick to judge me."

The little guy has brought me more smiles than I can count :)

Bless you for the TLC you gave him:thumbsup

Pockets
06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
:Welcome I have to say your little baby was just beautiful. This is the best site I have ever seen on the web. The people here are so caring and understanding of squirrels. At any time there is always someone here who can help, talk to, and get great information. I do a lot of reading of past postings and the things I have learned is unbelievible. I have also found some true friends foreva on here. Welcome again and enjoy the reading, pictures, videos and just the good people on here. Lori :grouphug :jump

astra
06-19-2010, 03:07 PM
:Welcome I am relatively new myself, but this is a wonderful site for squirrel lovers. Your Chase had such a gentle and kind air about him, not just his face, but his posture, the look in his eyes... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

stosh2010
06-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Welcome,
Glad to have you as a member & cruising thru the different threads. When you get to Rama Rota -KING of Costa Rica, you found my thread. I've only had Rama since the end of December and he has changed my life. He is one FUNNY DUDE. Lots of photos with captions to get you INSIDE Rama's head.
Maybe you will get to raise another squirrel soon. This IS THE PLACE for info, support and assistance. I live in Costa Rica and a TSB member actually flew down just last month to stay with Rama Rota while we had to go to the States. That is the caliber of folks who frequent here.Again,,,, WELCOME.

Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING