PDA

View Full Version : What to ask?

Annya26
06-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I am currently in the process of looking for someone to release my baby Maggie for me. (I want to cry every time I think about it!!! :shakehead )

I have found someone that is willing and has two babies that she feels will likely still accept Maggie and then can be released together in a few weeks. She says she has a few release sites that she uses, and has been doing this for a few years. She seems like a very nice person but I am nervous to turn my little one over. What are some of the questions that I should be asking to make sure my baby is going to be given the best chance? (or am I just being overly paranoid?) Also when she does end up going what can I do to prepare her for her transition home to make it as stress free as possible?

Thanks in advance. (so NOT looking forward to this :shakehead )

virgo062
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
:wave123 Go with your instincts...If you feel good about this lady then go for it. How old are the ones she has now? And when does she plan on releasing them? Does she continue feeding them after they are released? Go with your gut feeling and you are usually right :)

CritterMom
06-15-2010, 02:28 PM
"Has a couple release sites" bothers me. Does this woman do soft release or hard release? You don't want someone to wild her up in their backyard, then transport her someplace she has never been and just let her go. That is "hard release." A soft release is getting them accustomed to the area in the safety of the cage, then opening the door, continuing to feed, etc.

Annya26
06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I will find out from her how she plans to do the release and how she cares for them afterwards... in the mean time does anyone know of anyone in Ontario that would be able to release her properly? I am willing to drive wherever I need to go to get her there (heck I'll even drive to Quebec or NY - provided I can get her across the border!), I just want what's best for my baby!

SciurusLover
06-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Any luck yet? :dono :raining :grouphug