PDA

View Full Version : Intro and Pictures

Forest Dweller
06-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Hello, my name is Monica, I'm 25 years old, and working as a vet assistant, in the near future going to school for vet tech and wildlife rehabber, and once I get property of my own I plan on starting my own wildlife rehabilitation center. Through connections at work I had the opportunity to care for orphaned squirrel babies, one was pretty sick & malnourished when I got him and ended up not making it. However the girl (Mica) is doing very well and is now 11 weeks old..she is pretty attached to myself and my husband, and is still pretty tame, although doesn't like being held (petting is okay but not held) In the past I have also taken care of a raccoon kit until she was nine months old and went to a wildlife rehabilitation center. Mica will be great for release however I want to make sure she is protected, so we are planning on giving her a nice outdoor area on our property once we move in a couple months, so she can come and go as she pleases but will hopefully stick somewhat close (I just read a thread that was talking about lone squirrels taking up to nine months til release time, I'm sure she'll let us know when she's ready). I've been researching all I can about squirrels as well as getting more and more information about the licensing for being a rehabber, and I'm really glad I found this board! I do have a couple of questions about mites and skin issues but I'll make a thread in the need help section.. here's some pictures of Mica when she was a little younger..she doesn't sit still anymore so it's hard to get pictures!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=335285&l=a16f5b3a77&id=100000003752021

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=332479&l=51065324f0&id=100000003752021

Ronda
06-12-2010, 02:00 AM
:Welcome Hello! Mica is very cute, and sounds like everything is going well with her. This is a really great forum for nutrition, advice, wonderful stories and pics. I am still pretty new myself...and just love these people!

stosh2010
06-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Monica,
Welcome to TSB and best of luck in your Re-habbing Journey. I have a Costa Rican Variegated Tri-color Squirrel. His thread is on the Non-Life Threatening section "Rama Rota -King of Costa Rica"---it has LOTS of photos ) he is 6 months old and he is very friendly to the two of us. We had to leave Costa Rica for 10 days --and MisiamS, a WONDERFUL member of TSB actually flew down to Our House In CR and stayed with Rama Rota --thats his name_( it means Broken Branch in Spanish j) and he also was friendly with Miriam. So you will find Lots of Info and LOTS of GREAT FOLKS on The Squirrel Board.

So when you get a chance--we need more MICA Photos-- a favorite request of all members.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING ( of Costa Rica )

Momma Squirrel
06-12-2010, 07:37 AM
:wave123 that is great that you want to go into rehabbing, Lord knows we need more and more people wanting to dedicated their lives to animals.

thanks for sharing the pictures and we hope you stick around and let us go through your journey with you.

You will love it here and learn much from all our members.

island rehabber
06-12-2010, 07:43 AM
:Welcome to TSB!! Glad you found us!
I'd write more but there are two sets of beady little black squirrelly eyes staring at me from across the room, sayng "Where's our breakfast???" :D

Ultra Peepi
06-13-2010, 02:48 AM
:Welcome Hi Monica and Mica!
You will love it here! :D
Mica is sooooo sweet! Thanks for sharing pics.