PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Newbie

alisonchimes
06-11-2010, 05:38 AM
Hello everyone, I'm Alison. I'm new to the Internet, so go easy with me! I have always loved squirrels and they constantly come into my garden. Unfortunately, I now have more time on my hands than in the past, but I want to use that time to further my interest in squirrels and share my experiences with like minded people. In my career I care for the mentally ill, which is rewarding, but tiring. I am looking for distractions from the toils of day to day life and think photographing squirrels could be fun.

Any tips on squirrel watching (best gear, cameras, etc) and finding good resources on the "net" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alison

island rehabber
06-11-2010, 07:53 AM
:Welcome alison, from across the Pond :)
I have a class in nine minutes and must run, but let me be the first to welcome you to The Squirrel Board. There is SO MUCH here about squirrels it should keep you very busy for quite awhile. We have members who are wildlife rehabilitators, who share the homes with pet squirrels, or who just appreciate squirrels from their own backyards. We have so many pictures your eyes will cross.....and we love to answer questions about our favorite fuzzy mammals, so jump right in!

Momma Squirrel
06-11-2010, 08:14 AM
:wave123 Alison, glad to have you. You will find lots of nuts here and pictures of squirrels. They truly do have wonderful and different personalities. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

We LOVE pics :multi

Ultra Peepi
06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
:Welcome hi!