PDA

View Full Version : poops

virgo062
06-04-2010, 12:27 PM
I have been wanting to ask this for months and never got around to it..
Most Squirrels poop FREQUENTLY they never fail to poop four or five times out of the cage, they poop on you and anyone who is near.

Knothead very seldom poops:thinking He seems fine and his poop looks ok but I clean his cage daily and find very few pellets in there. When he is out of the cage he never poops....I find this strange:thinking

lizharrell1
06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
What is even MORE strange is that I NEVER see any squirrel poops from the wilds outside. Where do they go? It is almost like they vanish into thin air. Maybe that is what is happening to Knothead's poops:D

Do they eat them? I know guinea pigs sometimes eat their poos....maybe squirrels do too?

Annya26
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
That was what I was thinking... maybe he's eating them???

I know that guinea pigs and some other rodents eat their poop, and I have also heard of other animals doing it when they are lacking in something they need in their diet.... :thinking

virgo062
06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't know what Knothead could be lacking...Last night he has pork spareribs and the night before cheese pizza:rotfl :rotfl

Anne
06-04-2010, 02:08 PM
:jump :jump :rotfl :jump :jump Man, what a diet tinfoil :D Pork ribs and Pizza :jump :jump Squirrels are like any other critter---all different! Vanishing poops--aw, so much less to clean up :thumbsup . Must be a part of being Knothead:) Don't worry, be happy :grouphug :grouphug

lizharrell1
06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't know what Knothead could be lacking...Last night he has pork spareribs and the night before cheese pizza:rotfl :rotfl
Well, if he didn't have french fries and baked beans and cole slaw with the ribs, or wings and cheesesticks and beer with the pizza, then maybe that is what the problem is. He HAS to have a well rounded diet to make well rounded (or oblong) poops. Sheesh. I thought EVERYONE knew that!!!!:D

virgo062
06-04-2010, 02:55 PM
the only thing Knothead's lacking is.....Brains:rotfl Bless Him. Recycle that poop Knothead :)

Gina
06-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Only Knothead!!!! Maybe he's shy and made his own sqoilet to poo in. Maybe check the contents of bowls & cups that might be laying around. . :flush

Annya26
06-04-2010, 04:00 PM
He he he, well maybe someday you are going to find a poop mountain stashed somewhere in your house.. lol

lizharrell1
06-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Personally, I don't even NOTICE poops anymore......If I see a little brown thing I usually just flick it onto the floor:D :D Sorry, sounds gross, but it's true. My family and friends are just not quite as nonchalant about poops as I am:jump

mpetys
06-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't know why I am always drawn to these conversations about poop, but I am. BTW, I hit a poop milestone today. MonkeyButt had been so good about pooping in his litterbox until we got his big cage done. Now he poops all over. I understood that maybe he was just expressing himself by wanting to mark on all his new shelves etc. BUT he poops on our bed when I take him out to play and he never did that. He even peed on top of the headboard bookcase! I thought he would go back to his good old litterbox self but while he does use the litterbox, he is still enjoying dropping them whenever he feels like it. As you can imagine, I quit letting him climb on my head for fear of having poops in my hair. For awhile I would swaddle my head in a t-shirt to protect my hair. MonkeyButt loved that; thought it was one big stuffed toy! Well, today I had him out and we were playing and he jumped on my head and I just basically said, "What the hell". I can always wash it if I thought he peed or if poop shook out. So that is my poop milestone. I don't think anyone would understand it but you guys. Well, maybe some of you guys. Maybe others haven't reached that milestone yet! :D

Michele in Tampa

lizharrell1
06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Michele, I reached that milestone LONG ago. Squirrely poops DO NOT FAZE ME. In fact, I brag about them, talk about them often, admire them ("isn't that just the cutest little squirrel poop EVER") and the list goes on and on. I really don't understand why my friends don't come over any more??:dono :dono I mean, everyone brags about and goes on and on about how their baby's poop (I am talking human baby here) is this and their baby's poop is that and OMG my baby just filled his diaper and isn't it adorable? Okay, well, for starters, HUMAN BABY POOP SMELLS. HUMAN BABY POOP IS RUNNY SOMETIMES. HUMAN BABY POOP REQUIRES A DIAPER TO CONTAIN IT AND DIAPERS ARE EXPENSIVE. Squirrel poop does not smell, is not runny, and does not require expensive diapers. A quick flick on the floor and it gets swept away. Okay, so now I am really thinking about how no one wants to come to my house anymore.........:osnap

Kelly Brady
06-05-2010, 02:35 PM
My Peanut will hold his poop in until I let him come into my bedroom to talk to me to get ready for work. Then he poops along my side of the bed only. You think he is trying to tell me something? :dono

As far as people coming to visit? Well when there is a knock at the door I do a quick poop scoop through and flick on the floor. Then floors are swept through every day once a day. That is a chore for which my human kids earns their allowance for. Aren't I smart?

Liz, you are so correct our squirrelly poop is nothing compared to the human baby stuff and for some reason I give up on keeping them out of my hair Michelle, I clip my hair up everyday and Peanut works very hard to shove a hazelnut into the clipped up area before I leave work. People at work say you got a nut in their today Kelly? I unclip and out falls my lunch.:rotfl I am known as "the weird squirrel lady at work. Only all of you understand me.:D