PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

SuperSam
05-26-2010, 11:45 AM
My girlfriend and I found this board while searching for information on flying squirrels.

We owned a hedgehog (squeezle) for a one and half years. Unfortunately, she passed away recently, succumbing to wobbly hedgehog syndrome. We loved her very much.....sad but we were happy that she was comfortable and surrounded by us in her final days.

We were looking at some hedgehogs online, and we stumbled upon this and other similar flying squirrel websites. We fell instantly in love with these little critters.

After watching endless hours of flying squirrel youtube videos we wanted to join the boards and see if we could get some help and guidance finding a couple flying squirrels to add to our family.

We live in Clemson, SC. I would appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Best regards,
Sam and Andrea
:wave123

tyrose
05-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Welcome! First make sure that flyers are legal in your state. And also remember that flyers are nocturnal.. lots of late night fun! I think that Helen's Critters have them for sale. I don't know much about them, but have heard mostly positive feedback here on the board. I am not a flyer expert... I have a rescue right now... but our experienced members will be on to give you all the info you desire.

lilbitsquirrely
05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
:Welcome I wish you luck with your quest.I got my first two from Helen's Critters in San Antonio Texas,now I have 5.You have found the best place to learn all about squirrels of all kinds.The members here are wonderful and extremely caring and always willing to help.And we are all :crazy about squirrels,and the people who care for them.:wave123

Skul
05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
:wave123 SS.
Do they look like this? :D
Three days ago.

SuperSam
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Skul,

Its amazing how much they grow and change from when they're born! We cant wait to have a couple flying squirrel babies of our own.

I looked at Helen's Critters but it looks like the next batch is due in October.....which is just torture even thinking about waiting that long :D

lilbitsquirrely
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM
:wave123 Patience, little grasshoppers,people are listening tinfoil and waiting to get to know you.Tell them a little bit more about yourselves.and give them time.mjs

SuperSam
05-27-2010, 12:47 PM
We'll try out best lol. Thank you guys for the warm welcoming. I think we're gonna like it here. :grouphug

Ultra Peepi
05-29-2010, 01:18 AM
:Welcome :D