PDA

View Full Version : Dangers for Squirrels in the House?

Annya26
05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Hello All! I hope I am not asking too many questions - I just have SO many!!! :thankyou

As my baby is growing and becoming more and more energetic, I like to allow her to run around the apartment while I am in the area working on the computer and such. Other than the obvious of keep the bathroom door closed/and or close the lid of the toilet, what precautions should I take to make sure that it is safe for her to have supervised play time in my home?

I am guessing that like a rabbit, hamster etc, she will probably chew wires that are laying around - any suggestions for preventing this as well? (Short of unplugging EVERYTHING and sitting the dark? :crazy )

squirrely pearly
05-25-2010, 12:28 PM
one thing I know from experience is that if you have any holes in the walls, for like extra cords like I do in one of my closets..2 inch square hole, and Pearly found it one day and went right in..she came right back out thank gosh but she could have gotten in the walls and not found her way out! She was obsessed with that closet after that :crazy kept wanting to go back in. I kept it shut then, and went around to make sure there were no more little surprises she would get into. She never chewed on cords to much, I kept her plenty of limbs and rocks and toys. so she was good in that regard. though my keyboard on my laptop is missing the y and v tabs now :nono :nono ..she woulld come try to play with my hands while i was working and I think she got mad and started eating the keyboard!! :crazy :crazy

Alcippe
05-25-2010, 01:02 PM
though my keyboard on my laptop is missing the y and v tabs now :nono :nono ..she woulld come try to play with my hands while i was working and I think she got mad and started eating the keyboard!! :crazy :crazy

I had a squirrel tinkle on my laptop keyboard and found that they are fairly cheap on ebay. I got mine for less that $20. :D

gs1
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
I had a squirrel tinkle on my laptop keyboard and found that they are fairly cheap on ebay. I got mine for less that $20. :D

i've had one tinkle in a laptop yesterday ...and i was so glad it wasn't the full load ..what's up with them and computers!!! anyway ... toilet paper and alchohol and it was fine...phew!!!

dangers for them???

where do we start???

doors slamming... getting stuck in closets ... getting stepped on ... cooking accidents...

chewing wires... chewing plastic ...

as for wires ... maybe enclose them with something hard... like a copper pipe ... because i know that if a squirrel wants to they'll go through the plastic ones we use for rabbits... (and we covered those in polyester fabric too)...

just bumping this up....:Welcome :D