PDA

View Full Version : Hello new squirrel loving friends!

ikerus
05-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey guys! I'm katie, married with 3 children, their names are tails, bear, and shellie, [they are my sheltie puppies] I had a baby gray squirrel named squirrely girl but she just recently went to the big tree in the sky =[

I used to have some pics of her but I recently dropped my computer and messed up the hard drive and lost all the pics, I will try to dig some up but in the mean time, I have a cute little video of my little hams drying off after a nice swim in the tub!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n13XokLN29E

TinyPaws
05-16-2010, 11:16 PM
:wave123 Hi :Welcome to TSB...Sorry to hear about the loss of your pictures...

Ronda
05-17-2010, 03:28 AM
Hi Katie...welcome! So sorry you lost your squirrel :( the video was so cute, thank you for sharing

Jackie in Tampa
05-17-2010, 06:32 AM
:Welcome :wave123

Pointy Tale
05-17-2010, 08:50 AM
:Welcome to The Squirrel Board

Momma Squirrel
05-17-2010, 08:57 AM
:Welcome Katie, sorry to hear about your squirrely girl passing RIP little one :grouphug

I know it must have broke your heart to loose her pics but her memory and love will remain in your heart forever :Love_Icon

Loved the video :thumbsup

Alcippe
05-17-2010, 09:13 AM
:Welcome
I'm sorry for your loss :(

Cute video, she looks like she was a real sweetie!

ikerus
05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
aww thanks guys! I loved her with all my heart! she was my lil hams! no other squirrel will ever replace, or come close to being as sweet as her! I found two pics that I had on my photography website. One of her when she was just a wee little one, and one about 2 months before she passed. I sent some to my friend on my phone so I will try to send those to my computer to upload on here! :thankyou for all the love guys, its hard to lose a loved one, even if it is just a pet!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4347970224_499305a740_b.jpg

this is me and my lil hammy!!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4347970228_baa66b41fb.jpg\

I'm not sure how to upload pics yet, but thats the link to both of them!

ikerus
05-17-2010, 09:59 AM
here are a few more that I found on my new computer,

ikerus
05-17-2010, 10:00 AM
eeek! sorry they are so big!! I will have to work on this when I get back home, but it will have to do for now!

Gina
05-17-2010, 10:02 AM
:Welcome. So sorry about her passing, she sure was adorable.

ikerus
05-17-2010, 10:06 AM
yea she was a little ham! I have some more videos I found on here I can upload them to youtube when I get back!

she did the cutest things, she loved only me, my husband hated that, he wouldn't hold her cause he was afraid that she would bite him, she only bit me once and that was when we first got her, I ended up with an infected finger and didn't know it till I went to the doc and I had to get a tetnus shot and take some nasty meds! I almost lost a finger, but I know she didn't mean to hurt me!

mpetys
05-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi ikerus,

Awww, she looks adorable. I'm sorry for your loss. I know that even though I have only had my MonkeyButt for 3.5 months, I would be devastated if something happened to him. I was devastated when I lost his three siblings right off the bat (which I believe was at least partly due to the Ebsilac formula). I almost lost MonkeyButt, but he recovered and began to thrive once on the Fox Valley formula. It would have been unbearable to have lost him too.

Michele in Tampa

ikerus
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi ikerus,

Awww, she looks adorable. I'm sorry for your loss. I know that even though I have only had my MonkeyButt for 3.5 months, I would be devastated if something happened to him. I was devastated when I lost his three siblings right off the bat (which I believe was at least partly due to the Ebsilac formula). I almost lost MonkeyButt, but he recovered and began to thrive once on the Fox Valley formula. It would have been unbearable to have lost him too.

Michele in Tampa

lol your the one who referred me to this site! you sent me the email! thanks again for the hint I love this website!:thankyou

mpetys
05-17-2010, 01:15 PM
lol your the one who referred me to this site! you sent me the email! thanks again for the hint I love this website!:thankyou

I was wondering if that was you! I tell everyone that just mentions squirrels about this site. Saturday, I had to go to the ER (asthma/bronchitis) and the tech that was doing the bloodwork and the EKG asked me what all the scratches were on my arm. I told him I was caring for a squirrel. He said he has a friend that rehabs squirrels! I thought, what a small world. I told him about The Squirrel Board. Who know, his friend might have given me advice here!!

I just love this site. Lots of great people who love to share their knowledge about squirrels.

Michele in Tampa

ikerus
05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
oh I know what your going thru, I have the same thing and I'm a smoker which is not helping me at all =[ during the cold weather my asthma starts acting up bad. It always feels like there is pressure and it gets hard to breathe! Hope your doin better thou! LOL I used to always have scratches on me people would ask "What happened to your hands!!!!" and then when I would explain that it was my little squirrel, the would be in shock! People would always ask how I got it to be so tame, because they thought it was just an outside squirrel that was just really chill with people! Have you uploaded some pics of your little monkeybutt on here?

mpetys
05-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Have you uploaded some pics of your little monkeybutt on here?

http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22325

This is the link to my Playtime with MonkeyButt thread. I haven't kept up very well with MonkeyButt's adventures. One thing is I can't find my charger for my digital camera. So I don't have any good pictures which is a shame as he is growing so much. The pictures I uploaded are from my cell phone and they are not good. I am just going to order a replacement charger and extra battery for my camera on eBay. If I had of done that when I first looked, I would have already had it. I am a bit of a procrastinator. Oh well, I will do it tomorrow!

Michele in Tampa

ikerus
05-17-2010, 08:32 PM
aww hes simply adorable! I always lose my charger for my camera, I even got an extra battery but it got messed up somehow! For good cheap chargers try photography website some of them have really good prices, I will have to look at the bookmarks on my computer and link you a few, what kind of camera is it?

Ultra Peepi
05-17-2010, 08:49 PM
:Welcome hi! sorry u lost your little friend:grouphug . hope you enjoy TSB as it's a great place!:)

ikerus
05-18-2010, 11:41 AM
:Welcome hi! sorry u lost your little friend:grouphug . hope you enjoy TSB as it's a great place!:)

I love TSB!! It has been very helpful and I learned a whole bunch of stuff I didn't know! I might even be gettin a few babies soon!! I talked to a wildlife rehab and they needed people to care for some of the orphaned squirrels that come in! I will have to create a new thread with the places link cause they always need volunteers to come in and help! the place is located in florida, I'm not too sure where yet!

mpetys
05-18-2010, 01:53 PM
I love TSB!! It has been very helpful and I learned a whole bunch of stuff I didn't know! I might even be gettin a few babies soon!! I talked to a wildlife rehab and they needed people to care for some of the orphaned squirrels that come in! I will have to create a new thread with the places link cause they always need volunteers to come in and help! the place is located in florida, I'm not too sure where yet!

I would like that info. I want to take in babies too. I mean I have learned so much and love the caregiving and nurturing aspects of it that it would seem a shame to let that go to waste. With that in mind, I have started collecting, heating pads, fleece, cages, containers etc. LOL I have let everyone I know that I am available if they need help or get overflow. Of course, I have to pull myself back enough to say, I hope there are not a lot of babies in need this summer . . . . but I guess it is safe to say that as long as there are leaf nests in trees in Florida's afternoon thunderstorms and, (fingers crossed, hoping not), hurricanes, there will always be some babies in need. So let's just be prepared.

Michele in Tampa

mpetys
05-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Katie - I just sent you a PM.

Michele in Tampa

lilbitsquirrely
05-18-2010, 02:24 PM
:grouphug Sorry to hear you lost your little one.
:Welcome to TSB there are allot of great people here and you will learn a bunch more than you ever dreamed possible.Congratulations on finding a rehabber that can use your help.The squirrels need you too.:wahoo

amylou
05-20-2010, 10:19 AM
:wave123 and :Welcome So sorry to hear about your loss of your baby! She was beautiful!
That's wonderful that you can help out with the squirrels. You'll have to check out Cricket's thread. That is my baby girl Southern Flying Squirrel. We have quite a few flyer owners, and all of them are little angels.

ikerus
05-20-2010, 11:58 AM
:wave123 and :Welcome So sorry to hear about your loss of your baby! She was beautiful!
That's wonderful that you can help out with the squirrels. You'll have to check out Cricket's thread. That is my baby girl Southern Flying Squirrel. We have quite a few flyer owners, and all of them are little angels.

aww well thanks!

The flyers look adorable! do you have any more pics of them?