PDA

View Full Version : Imp the Unlucky Strikes Again...

niapet
05-14-2010, 04:17 PM
I think Imp may have picked up 4 or 5 bot flies yesterday... He had one last year and we let it run its natural course but I don't think we can abide this many... I would like to remove them but I really need some instruction from someone who has done this before so I can minimize the trauma to Imp and make sure not to kill it by mistake...

Jackie in Tampa
05-14-2010, 05:27 PM
:wave123 hi niapet!
:D you know we're gonna want pics first!:D
:nono and be careful...I am sure you know if the pupa ruptures...your sq is gonna get really sick...so have some ABs lined up just in case!
Use p[lastic tweezers from a cheapo first aide kit...file the tips a wee bit round,{knock off the points} and wait until the vvament is visable and good luck!
I have heard many vets say to leave them...
and I have heard many vasoline remedys yada yada...
all sorts of stuff.
My outsiders get Bot Flies often...every year we see them here...only once have we ever intervened and that was with ABs.

:Love_Icon Madge {a wild}{'your soaking in it' fame} got her name because her arm looked like a black rubber glove...she had so many warbles on one arm, it cut off circulation and her arm was very dark, discolored and furless...she almost lost it. But Fred medicated her twice a day for months with baytril...
It wasn't the infection from the fly, but for gangrene. That's how Madge got her name...she kept her arm but was scarred for life.

:poke so where's the pics?
:wave123 good to seee you again, sorry it's for the dreaded BOT MONSTER!

niapet
05-14-2010, 11:00 PM
It's too early to tell if they are bots yet so pics will have to wait. Lets just hope it is just a rash...