PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions?!?

Lia
04-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I have 3 squirrels (5weeks old)... 2boys, 1 girl... I hold them all day long when I am home... can I "over" hold them? as well Im feeding them the esbilac puppy forumla (that I saw recommended)... and I keep reading that you are supposed to add some whip cream to it (which i havent)- because it doesnt make sense to me that it is a dairy product? And i thought thats why you stay away from cow/kitten milk etc???

Jackie in Tampa
04-20-2010, 09:24 AM
cows milk is not poison to sqs...it just does not have enough nutrition...however heavy cream has alot of fat, and Esbilac does not.
Puppies require less fat than sqs.
TSB does not recommend kitten replacer milk...it is not similar to the requirements of sqs...
actually we stopped recommending Esbilac too, it was changed last year and seemed to cause diarehha in alot of sqs...the manufacturing process was changed.
TSB now recommends Fox Valley, Tsb always has recommended it as the best formula, but it can only be ordered on line and that sometimes is not fast enough. :tilt
Others will give more info on this...but that's a great question! Hope I answered it

Lia
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
thank you... yeah I actually just finished reading that the esbilac stuff isnt recommended anymore -- I read that they made a new kind (and that was the one giving the squirrels problems) and I have the older tin, which is still sold here I guess so hopefully I wont have any problems! thank u for ur help :-)

4skwerlz
04-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes, plain cow's milk doesn't have the right nutrition; that's why it kills baby squirrels. Of course formula is made with milk products, but it's completely different nutritionally.

We used to recommend Esbilac, and that will still work in some cases. But everyone has found that babies do much better on Fox Valley. They gain weight better, with way fewer digestive problems.

You can order Fox Valley and the good syringes/nipples online at my website: www.henryspets.com. You can also order directly from Fox Valley, but you must phone in your order to them and they don't carry the syringes/nipples.

Lia
04-20-2010, 09:42 AM
thanks, yah i think i have to look into a new syringe, as mine seems to get clogged up (so i take it out of its mouth and press)-- and it sounds like it is exploding... So then I have to make it all over again.. and it seems to be taking me a long time to feed them!!. So they do recommend adding whip cream tho?

virgo062
04-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I hold them all day long when I am home... can I "over" hold them?

:rotfl You hold them all day long...girl how do you get anything done?:rotfl

Lia
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
LoL guess im a spoiled princess with too much time on my hands lol -- I have a house coat that they will chill in the pocket! I do put them down after they eat for maybe an hour :-D I Just want to make sure they are bonding so they remember me when I release them!

Jackie in Tampa
04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
whipping cream...not desert topping, it is called heavy cream also and is sold in paper cartons similar to milk.
Please do not expose baby sqs to domestic pets...
in the future they will not fear them and will become victim to them...
the killers of sqs are domestic cats and dogs, animals of prey and cars!:sanp3
Please order a new syringe or two...1 cc s are best...if your syringe plunger looks like a black pencil eraser, it is a disposable and can and only should be used a few times...although cooking oil will help it slide easier until a O-ring syringe can be bought...
I also add Dannon All Natural Vanilla Yogurt to my formula...:D

Lia
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
thank you for your advice will take it :-D