PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to the page and loving it...

Pockets
04-18-2010, 08:33 PM
Hello everyone my name is Lori. I an new to this site and am already in love with it. I have a 5 year old squirrel named "Pockets". He is my baby and my love. I call him my little one. I found him in my driveway 5 years ago and put him in the bushes hoping his mom would come back..Well she didn't. That's when our adventure began. We had every intention in releasing him or giving him to someone who could rehab him to be released. Most places we called said they would put him down which we would never allow. Soooo we fell in love big time. He has been my baby for 5 years. Now we have to find a home for him. Alot of troubles have come our way and it's not possible for us to take him with us. MY HEART IS EXPLODING. I am beside myself with grief, sorrow, depression, and tears all the time. Nancy and Alexdra have been such a help to me. The love, friendship and concern for Pockets is so over the top I don't have words to explain it. This website is just the best place I have ever found. I wish I found this place 5 years ago. I didn't realize all the squirrell lovers out there. Please excuse my spelling it's hard to type with tears in my eyes..ok enough I'm sorry if I just going on and on. Thank you everyone for all your help. To see what I'm talking about you can go to Please help with pockets on the site. Again thank you.
Lori

prncsbabs1
04-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Hi Lori,

:Welcome to the Squirrel Board. I have read about what you are going through, I am sorry. :grouphug

Please take some comfort in knowing that people on this Board can help you with Pockets.

Sending hugs & strength :grouphug :grouphug
-Barbara

island rehabber
04-18-2010, 09:16 PM
:grouphugLori :grouphug
This is truly a unique place in the world....selfless people who give and give without a second thought. If you're here, and you love squirrels, you're our friend until proven otherwise. :D
Sounds as if you have at least two excellent options for little Pockets, and there are probably more waiting in the wings. We are so glad you found us.

Pockets
04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
You are so kind as everyone has been. Yes it is hard but we are trying to do the best we can and find a great place for him to live. Right now we are looking at Tomo's Squirrel San. That place is AMAZING. And Alexandra is so kind and full of knowledge. Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes. This place is amazing.

Lori :thankyou

Pointy Tale
04-20-2010, 08:20 AM
:Welcome Lori and Pockets!!!!:wave123

Ultra Peepi
04-25-2010, 11:26 AM
:Welcome welcome! good luck finding a new home for your pockets, you're in the right place. :thumbsup