PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Happy to be Here!

Josephina
03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Hello! I'm happy to be here. :bowdown It was recommended by Henry's Blocks that I come visit and post.

I live where there are all kinds of critters around (outside) my home. They are a lot of fun. In the future I may be posting some photos of my "friends" from outside. They are very funny how they are used to me and seem to like the attention.

One of the squirrels fell out of a tree a year ago, and I rescued a baby that came down out of the tree a week and a half later, severely dehydrated and begging for help. When she gave up, I realized I had to try to do what I could to help her. It seems to have worked out.

I 'knew' her mom. It's very strange how even when they are not pets how you can get so attached to them. It's still at least a consolation that one of her babies survived.

island rehabber
03-31-2010, 09:53 PM
:Welcome to TSB, Josephina! Glad you found us.

stosh2010
03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Hola ! Josephina,
Thank you for saving that baby and letting one more squirrel know that some one cares. Is he still around and do you recognize him? . What is his name? My little guy is Rama Rota (he thinks he's the King of Costa Rica). It translates Broken Branch. Ya see he fell from about 50 ft. up, bounced off some leafy lower limbs and landed in some tall grass. It was a miracle that he lived and now he's a BLESSING in our lives.
Hope to see your photos and to read about your experiences in Kansas. If you have ANY questions on health, nutrition or first aid---here is the place for answers. We are lucky to have rehabbers and very experienced squirrel lovers on T.S.B. and they will be able to help in many ways.
Again, Bienvenida ( WELCOME)

Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING

Fireweed
03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
:wave123

Always happy to see another wild-squirrel-lover join the TSB dray. :thumbsup

One thing, though: Pictures. Nuff said. :poke :D

island rehabber
03-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Forgive me, but I just had one of those "Miracle of the Internet Moments"....Josephina in Kansas hearing from the Bronx, NY...then Costa Rica, then the Yukon. Squirrel lovers in three countries.....four time zones. So cool. :D

4skwerlz
03-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Forgive me, but I just had one of those "Miracle of the Internet Moments"....Josephina in Kansas hearing from the Bronx, NY...then Costa Rica, then the Yukon. Squirrel lovers in three countries.....four time zones. So cool. :D

It is VERY cool. I'm always so happy when I add another country to the list of "Yeah, I shipped HHBs there." Now Croatia! :) :thumbsup

Thanks for mentioning that, IR. Squirrel lovers unite. I had a "moment" too. :)

Anne
04-01-2010, 08:30 AM
:Welcome To TSB fellow squirrel lover! This is the place where squirrel (and animal) lovers unite:D

virgo062
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
:wave123 :Welcome

Skul
04-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Don't forget me, IR.
Add Texas in there, too. (Used to live in Salina, KS...a long time ago):D

Josephina
04-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow. Salina isn't that far away.

Hello everyone (or should I say to some, "Hey yall!")! Thank you for the :Welcome .

It's good to be here.:wott

Josephina
04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
:wave123 :Welcome

Thank you for sharing this video in your signature. It really got me thinking...

This little girl was a gift from God in my life. That day (of that evening) that I finally came and got her and found her dehydrated and almost dead, I had come back from the oncology surgeon. My 18-year old cat was dying and I was alone and wondering about my future, and how much of it was left. This little girl has brought back so much laughter and affection into my life again, I think it is just what the "Doctor" ordered.

When I brought her inside, immediately she was calm and happy, probably because it was so quiet. I was not expecting that, but she must have been overwhelmed for a long time that she had lost her mother by not having the protection of her. I couldn't help sympathize her, since I had felt the same way, having lost my mom when I was younger to the same cancer I was now about to battle.

Anyway, it all turned out well ... for both of us. :)

Ultra Peepi
04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
hi josephina!:Welcome :D it sounds like you and the squirrel babe ran into each other at just the right time, that's great. :crazy you'll love it here!:thumbsup

island rehabber
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
:grouphug Glad you both turned out okay. :)

NaturesGift
04-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Hi Josephina:Welcome

I replied to your other thread and sent you a PM lol!

give your fuzbut a scratchin for me!

Mandie

.....any pics....:poke