PDA

View Full Version : Knttys Knockers

virgo062
03-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I have a call into my Vet about having Knothead fixed. He is not in today but will call me tomorrow...If there are any concerns, remarks or word of encouragement now is the time to put it out there. Who has been through this before?

Anne
04-01-2010, 09:14 AM
No one answered you yet? I have never had any of my guy's altered tinfoil so I am no help to you there. I have seen on here where someone posted about their boy (s). Is Knotthead NR?
Glad you got home safe and sound. Wasn't Tampa a blast!

JLM27
04-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Does he have to go under anesthesia? Knotty has neuro problems, right? Is it safe for him? Has he had anesthesia before? And what about the vet's fingers? I understand that laser surgery is the best, but only because someone on here wrote that. You could try pming Fallensmommy. She had Fallen snipped.

virgo062
04-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Does he have to go under anesthesia? Knotty has neuro problems, right? Is it safe for him? Has he had anesthesia before? And what about the vet's fingers? I understand that laser surgery is the best, but only because someone on here wrote that. You could try pming Fallensmommy. She had Fallen snipped.

The Vet does not think it would be safe for him because of his neuro problems. He only gave me 50% chance that Knotty would make it and that's not good enough. It's hard enough on a healthy animal. So the clipping is out. I'm just afraid he will go crazy (er) as they grow and I won't be able to handle him...

Anne...Tampa was a blast I can't wait until next year...Maybe you guys can come to Georgia. I will feed you some good ole southern food. Do you have any babies? Do you need anything?

mpetys
04-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi Virgo062,

I agree, 50% chance is not good enough. How old is Knothead? I am just wondering as I read your stories about him, what the difference in age, is between him and MonkeyButt. Just to kind of guage what stages MonkeyButt may go through as he gets older. You mentioned neuro problems. I don't think I have read back far enough to get that history. What kind of problems does he have and how does it affect him?

Michele in Tampa

virgo062
04-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Knothead is now 8 months old. Lord I'm gettin old:rotfl His biggest problem is he can't jump at all and since he is blind in one eye he can't walk a straight line. He's not aggressive but he bites a lot and hard I'm not sure why he does that I think it's his way of identifying what's in front of him. Of course it could be that Rick aggrevates the crap ut of him him constantly. Monkeybutt is not a neuro baby is he? Knothead was the runt of the litter and you know sometimes the runt is the meanest because they have something to prove...He proved something alright like how to get kicked out of the cage.

mpetys
04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
No, MonkeyButt is not a neuro baby. Just somehow managed to survive when his three littermates did not. He is now about 10 weeks old (I'm basing that on when his eyes opened and calling that five weeks).

Aww, I bet Knothead is just a sweetheart. MonkeyButt and I watch the giggling video at least every other day!

virgo062
04-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I bet Knothead is just a sweetheart.

You would lose that bet:rotfl :rotfl I crack me up:rotfl :rotfl

JLM27
04-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Well, Bean and others never got clipped and they are doing alright in the crazy department. You'll have to find him a girlfriend. One that likes love bites. I said that to Rachel once, and she said indignantly "I'm his girlfriend!"