PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone

my Twiggy
03-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Hello,
some of you I have already met, because I posted in the help needed forum first, because our squirrel Twiggy was sick. So this is to them and everyone else. Twiggy is much better, and back to her old self again. Yesterday was her last day of antibiotics, (she will be happy about that)!!!!! For those of you I have not met yet, Twiggy was 3 weeks old when we rescued her. A friend of ours worked for a tree company and were still cleaning up trees in May after an ice storm we had, had last winter, and thery cut one limb and 2 baby squirrels fell out. One hit the ground and ended up dying, the other was hanging on by poison ivy. He got this one, and called my brother to see if he knew anyone who would raise a squirrel. My brother called me, and Twiggy came to us. We will have had her a year this may and we LOVE her SOOOOO much!!!! We have a really big (3 story) cage for her, and she has her own room in the house, and we let her out and play with her everyday. We have a 53 acre horse farm, where I give riding lessons, and my husband breaks and trains horses. We also board other people's horses. We have cats, dogs and 2 rabbits, and we love them all, but Twiggy has her very own very special place in our hearts. We were sick with worry ourselves when she was sick, and floating on cloud nine when she got back to herself. Everyone that offered advise was so helpful when Twiggy was sick. With your alls help, and the help of our vet, Twiggy is doing great, and I Thank You All!!!

Pointy Tale
03-29-2010, 10:13 AM
my Twiggy—:wave123
:Welcome
Glad Twiggy finished her meds and is doing better!

Jackie in Tampa
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
:Welcome :wave123
I love happy sq stories!
Thanks for sharing and caring!:bowdown
:worthless

virgo062
03-29-2010, 09:09 PM
:Welcome :multi

Chickenlegs
03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
What a wonderful ending to Twiggy's tale--healthy and happy, living in paradise with her loving Mom and Dad. WELCOME BACK! Twiggy pix pleeeeeze!!!!

Ultra Peepi
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
:Welcome hi! nice job on rescuing the little babe. :)

this is a great place, glad you found everyone here... you'll love it!:thumbsup

Kelly Brady
03-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Makes a heart go pitter patter:Love_Icon

Congrats to both of you !!!!:wave123

Josephina
04-01-2010, 05:30 PM
What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing. Yes, we need pictures!

BTW, Virgo062, thank you for posting that video. At first I was laughing that someone made this video, with the seriously sentimental music in the background. Then I watched it. I bawled the whole rest of the way through.

I'm really glad to be around people who are so understanding about taking care if these, God's little, beautiful creatures.

Thank you, Twiggy's mom, for sharing the story regarding Twiggy. It's great to hear this good news!

my Twiggy
04-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone I am really enjoying seeing your alls pics and reading your stories. I have also been sending up prayers for the sick little ones. I had not checked this thread for a few days, because Twiggy was not as sick as she had been the week before, but she was not right, something was off, so I had been watching another thread, but we have her back on track now, and better than since she first got sick. She kept trying to get to the curtains to crawl up them, and that was the first time she was that determined about it, since getting sick. We were so happy to see her active again. I put some pictures of her up in this welcome forum, called meet Twiggy. You all can check her out there. We just LOVE her!!!!!! :Love_Icon