PDA

View Full Version : New to the squirrel world...help please?

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 02:59 PM
This may be a little long.. I'm sorry

Okayy... So this seems to be a good place to learn what I need to about squirrels. About 2 to 3 days ago now, I saved a baby squirrel who fell out of his nest. He's furry and his eyes are open. I was not originally going to take him in. We were trying to get his mommy to take him back, but she didn't. And he kinda chose me, I was just watching him from a distance. After a while he started grunting and ran to me, he climbed in my lap and curled up... So i wasn't going to leave him all alone. I've been on this site all day reading up :] I know i need to make a trip to the pet store today or tomorrow to pick up a few more things.. But I have a couple questions before I do.

Okay! so, my baby (Gambit) seems to be eating nuts, pecans and acorns I break for him. I'm still giving him formula right now...but I was wondering when would be a good time to start on a real food diet? How do i know he doesn't need the milk any more? Also, I would like to buy the Henry healthy blocks(i think thats what they are? haha) very soon, but right now i need something local..ordering on the internet wont work for the time being :[ So any suggestions of some rodent blocks I can get from petsmart or someplace like that, would be very much appreciated. I think thats it for now....but I'm sure it wont take long for me to ask more silly questions :p

<3

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 03:19 PM
:[

4skwerlz
03-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Don't feed him nuts yet; he needs formula (Fox Valley is best, but you will have to order online or order by sending a check). For now, you can use Esbilac puppy formula from the pet store. As for rodent block, until you can order some better blocks, try Kaytee FortiDiet for Rats, which you should be able to find at the pet store also.

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 03:26 PM
:wave123 welcome to TSB!
and thanks for helping Gambit!
You can buy a good quaility rodent block/rat chow at the pet store.
Are you using Esbilac or Just Born?
Goats milk?
:nono never feed cows milk to a baby sq, there are not enough nutrients or fat to support sqs.
What formula are you feeding?
Can you take a pic of him and post it?
HHBs can be made at home...I will go look for a link to their recipe, be right back!

I am going to post a link that will have three purple sub titles, I highly recommend reading all three.
they are written by very experienced rehabbers and are loaded with info youy will need to raise him/her!
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21626

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 03:28 PM
:tilt excuse me VV...
hey 4 skwerls,since your here, can you post a recipe for homemeade blocks? ty!:)

TinyPaws
03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
:wave123 :Welcome to the family...

4skwerlz
03-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Here's the link for the homemade rodent blocks:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21233

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 03:47 PM
He's sleepy right now but this is him <3

http://i43.tinypic.com/w9i1it.jpg

So when do o start him on a real diet.
I'm buying the puppy milk stuff todayy.

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Here's the link for the homemade rodent blocks:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21233
can you post a basic recipe?
I have an old recipe that I still use, all store bought vitamins:thumbsup
[not the Henry's vitamin pack]

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 03:48 PM
VV, what have yuou been feeding him so far?
and with what?

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 03:49 PM
*when do I.

Sorry about that

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Watered down evaporated milk with an eye dropper type of thing Untill today I've had no access to internet and didn't know it was wrong. My uncle had a baby squirrel a long time ago and fed it the same thing, he made it and was released after about a year...so I had no idea, nor did he, that it was wrong. He gave me the instructions to take care of it...

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Do you have a feed store near you? or a Petco?
or a Tractor Supply?..
if so, we can give you a list to buy to help you feed him.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Really? That would be wonderful yes, there is a Tractor Supply very close. And I'm able to get to petsmart if needed, its just a longer drive. the only PetCo close was closed recently

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Esbilac Puppy Replacer Milk
[there are two types, Ready to use, and Powder]
both will need to be kept in the refridgerator, the Ready to Use is good only three days and cannot be left in the can while in the fridge...it can be frozen into cubes and thawed as needed...if I am not mistaken it is about $8 a can and will last less than a week for a sq about the age of yours, that's a guess.
The other type is a powder, and is mixed with water and also stored in refridgerator...the dry type comes in two sizes, one will be about 25 dollars and will last awhile, this is the type I recommend buying.

You will need feeding syringes, 1 cc needleless, they are very cheap and you will need several. Silicon nipples are optional, and at the age of your sq, not needed. They sometimes chew them anyway when they get older.

TSB recommends Fox Valley formula, but since you cannot buy online, Esbilac will work.
You will also need HEAVY Cream, found in the grocery store, near the cold milk.
It will come in a small carton [pint]and will be about $3...this is to boost the fat content of the Esbilac.
Your sq will need to be feed formula 3-4 times a day. Will your parents help with that while you are at school?
I am not sure if TSupply will have the Rodent Blocks...but Petsmart will,
you will need a water bottle also from pet store.
Also you will need a cage...do you have one already? and can you post a pic of it?

He can start nibbling on fresh oak branches and peeled apple, but he needs formula...
feeding nuts only will cause him to die, please read the links I gave in earlier post.
If you would ;like us to help you find a rehabber as a back up plan and helper, can you tell us what county you are in?
Georgia is an illegal state and vets will not treat wildlife, they will euthanize him, so having an emergency plan 'just in case' is a great idea for Gambit[ I love his name]!:Love_Icon
IS Gambit a boy or girl?

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I know Georgia is an illegal.. My mother is talking about moving within the next few years so if Gambit ends up needing to stay with me I'm praying we'll be somewhere legal. If not, and an emergency does come, I wont let my baby sufer, I will take him to a rehabber. I'm home schooled so taking care of him is my job. He is a boy. Right now he is in a pretty big kennel cab(cat carrier thing) with a big blanket. I will buy him a bigger cage if its needed for the time he is with me. I'm in Mcduffie county. Its mostly country out here haha. I think I will try and make him the rodent blocks. I will also pick up some heavy cream.

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 05:04 PM
will you be able to get the Esbilac and syringes?

CritterMom
03-27-2010, 05:12 PM
You can get the syringes at a pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist for 1cc syringes.

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 05:15 PM
cat carriers are great...until they discover they have teeth and chew out!!!!:rotfl been there, done that!
I prefer small cage spacing...1/2 inch is best...when the time comes!:thumbsup
yes, some pharmacy's will have needlesss syringes, 1cc is best like Crittermom said:)

digiandchipper
03-27-2010, 05:55 PM
:Welcome V and Gambit....thanks so much for saving this cutie!
I just popped on and read your post...was wondering if you were able to find what you needed?

:grouphug to that sweet boy :D

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 06:53 PM
I got his esbilac and water bottle for now. I think we have the syringe handy.
As for the rest, that's tomorrows journey. Now, for the esbilac,
I should freeze it? Its the liquid kind. Also, should I measure how much I give him per feeding, and when i get the heavy cream, how much do i add? Sorry I'm asking so many questions...I'd just like to get this all right
:)

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 06:55 PM
cat carriers are great...until they discover they have teeth and chew out!!!!:rotfl been there, done that!

Oh yeahh, I figured he'd learn he can chew it up. He already climbs up the sides and noms on it, I tap his nose gently and he normally stops. hehe
:D

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
You can get the syringes at a pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist for 1cc syringes.

Thank you<3

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 06:57 PM
:Welcome V and Gambit....thanks so much for saving this cutie!
I just popped on and read your post...was wondering if you were able to find what you needed?

:grouphug to that sweet boy :D

I am finding everything so far!
Thank you :]]
:Love_Icon

digiandchipper
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I got his esbilac and water bottle for now. I think we have the syringe handy.
As for the rest, that's tomorrows journey. Now, for the esbilac,
I should freeze it? Its the liquid kind. Also, should I measure how much I give him per feeding, and when i get the heavy cream, how much do i add? Sorry I'm asking so many questions...I'd just like to get this all right
:)

With the Esbilac in the can, it has already been mixed. You need to be sure and measure the amount your are feeding...did you get the syringes that show the cc's? Do you know approx how old he is (sorry I missed it if you did)? That and his weight will determine how much to feed and how often.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 07:18 PM
With the Esbilac in the can, it has already been mixed. You need to be sure and measure the amount your are feeding...did you get the syringes that show the cc's? Do you know approx how old he is (sorry I missed it if you did)? That and his weight will determine how much to feed and how often.

No i haven't got syringes yet... We thought we had them but turned out we don't...I'm planning to get that tomorrow. I have an syringe right now but i know it isnt the right cc..I can take a picture and show you? How do i weigh him? And no...i have no idea how old he is or how to tell :[

digiandchipper
03-27-2010, 07:25 PM
No i haven't got syringes yet... We thought we had them but turned out we don't...I'm planning to get that tomorrow. I have an syringe right now but i know it isnt the right cc..I can take a picture and show you? How do i weigh him? And no...i have no idea how old he is or how to tell :[

Pictures are a great way for those viewing the thread to help you figure out his age, etc. If you could post a good view of him, of your syringes (or whatever you are using to feed him) and list what he's had to eat today, we can do our best to figure out what he needs. I'll bet he will be very excited to get his new supper :thumbsup (oh and if you aren't able to measure cc's tonight, that will be ok, you can measure ounce with something in your kitchen, I'm sure. Others reading soon may have some ideas, too:flash3 )

4skwerlz
03-27-2010, 07:30 PM

You can buy a kitchen scale at Walmart or even the drugstore pretty cheap. A weight is important so you know how much to feed, and so you can keep track of their weight gain.

If you go to the prescription counter of your local drugstore, ask the pharmacist for a 1 cc syringe with no needle. Tell him you have a kitten that you have to feed by syringe.

If you can't get 1 cc syringes locally, PM me your name/address and I'll send you some.

digiandchipper
03-27-2010, 07:35 PM
You can buy a kitchen scale at Walmart or even the drugstore pretty cheap. A weight is important so you know how much to feed, and so you can keep track of their weight gain.

If you go to the prescription counter of your local drugstore, ask the pharmacist for a 1 cc syringe with no needle. Tell him you have a kitten that you have to feed by syringe.

If you can't get 1 cc syringes locally, PM me your name/address and I'll send you some.

4S, is there something she can use tonight until she can get the syringes? She will need nipples, too, won't she?

FallensMommie
03-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I have an syringe right now but i know it isnt the right cc..:[

What size is the syringe you do have on hand? ...if its a 3 or 5 cc and your squirrel's eyes are opened I'd be much more comfortable you feeding it with that size syringe than with a bottle which you have no control over. Heck if the squirrels eyes are closed I'd still feel more comfortable than a bottle as you can control the plunger to make sure the baby doesn't get to much at once. From the sounds of your squirrel climbing the side and eating seems he is older than a few weeks :dono

Rehabbers if I am wrong feel free to correct me!

Yes a picture will help to determine age.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Pictures are a great way for those viewing the thread to help you figure out his age, etc. If you could post a good view of him, of your syringes (or whatever you are using to feed him) and list what he's had to eat today, we can do our best to figure out what he needs. I'll bet he will be very excited to get his new supper :thumbsup (oh and if you aren't able to measure cc's tonight, that will be ok, you can measure ounce with something in your kitchen, I'm sure. Others reading soon may have some ideas, too:flash3 )

The one on top is what I've been using...He usually eats about 1 and a half of that. He's eaten 2 times today. He usually eats 3 to 4.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2eygu8m.jpg

He's kinda hard to photograph...he doesn't sit still long :p
http://i40.tinypic.com/oj0ymg.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/4qjzgp.jpg

FallensMommie
03-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Looks to be about 6 weeks ...

I would not use the eye dropper. The syringe you have is a 5cc...I personally would use that and keep your fingers on the plunger to control what he gets as they suck really hard. With bottles and eye droppers you are risking aspiration (formula into the lungs).

I will say I am not a rehabber....I'm sure one will be on here to give you their advise.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I had worries about that. I will use the syringe from now on.
I will see if we have a scale type thing in our kitchen.

CritterMom
03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Aw, between 5 and 6 weeks I'd say - what a sweetie pie. The fears of aspirating formula is not quite as high on the older ones like this little bug. For tonight, use the 5ml syringe, but GO SLOW. He probably won't approve; they can be very lusty eaters. A drop, swallow, another drop, swallow.

Normally the cream is added IN PLACE OF part of the water in the formula - that is for the powdered formula that you combine with water to mix. That way, you add fat without diluting any of the nutrients. With the premixed, you can't do that. Are you going to get some Fox Valley formula ordered for him?

digiandchipper
03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Great pics :thumbsup I'm glad you have that syringe pictured under the dropper. Like Fallensmommie said, that will be much better.

It's also important how often he is fed and that it is a regular schedule. From the pics, it sure looks like he def needs to be on formla right now. How often are his feedings?

Anne
03-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh my, he is adorable! You have gotten very good instructions here for feeding and helping your new buddy. The syringe you have is fine for now, just feed him slow. He may enjoy a few Cheerios to nibble on so he can learn how to use his teeth. Good to hear you are using a blanket and not towels. His nails can get caught on the towel loops and cause terrible injuries. The heavy whipping cream and some Dannon Vanilla yogurt may need to be added to the formula-the cream for fat and the yogurt to help with digestion. About 1 teaspoon each to a 1/4 cup formula (a little over won't hurt).
:Welcome To the board! So very good you found us. No question you may have is too silly to ask. We are all here to help one another and do all we can for the squirrels. There is someone here almost 24/7.
:thankyou For taking the little fellow in and caring for him. Your life will never be the same!

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 08:09 PM
:wave123
He will need 6 or 7 of the droppers full 4 times a day...he may want more, but overfeeding can cause problems.
until you have a weight on him, we can only guess the correct amount.
The ideal amount is 5% of his body weight!
I would warm it first, I use a baby food jar and float it in a coffee mug of microwaved hot water, test on your wrist first...too hot and it will burn him, too cool and he will not like it!

I posted a link earlier..:poke PLEASE READ IT!
it will have alot of VERY IMPORTANT INFO that will help keep Gambit healthy!

Remember to pour Esbilac into a different container, refridgerating the can can cause formula to go bad...it is good only 72 hours in fridge, so by freezing it into cubes it will last longer.
My advise is to add heavy cream to it for fat content, to every 6 droppers full of formula, add one dropper of heavy cream.
I would also suggest a rice buddy since he is alone, a sock filled with rice or beans and heated until warm in microwave. He will enjoy snuggling with it..
or a heating pad set on low half under his cat carrier, so he can move if he gets too hot.You may have to put a towel or t shirt between the carrier and pad so it doesn't get too hot.
We recommend tshirts or fleece for bedding, towels will catch his nails.

it is best that he is not exposed to any other pets, when he gets older and starts to wild up, he needs to fear all animals in order to survive in the wild.
Please get a 1cc syringe tomorrow, it can make a difference in feeding him.

hold him upright and go slow...if he gets formula in his lungs, he will get pnuemonia and witout antibiotics, will die...so go slow and never tilt him back! Aspiration is not good.
Hope this helps, glad you found TSB!:thumbsup
please read the link

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21626

digiandchipper
03-27-2010, 08:09 PM
ooops, sorry crittermom...I'm a slow typer, lol

CritterMom
03-27-2010, 08:26 PM
For the time being, since you have to use the big syringe tonight, first pull the plunger all the way out and apply a very thin film of corn oil or olive oil to the black rubber tip. It will help it slide more smoothly. It is the jerking start and stop with the big syringes that make them hard to use - you don't want to squirt a big quantity of formula out at once. Making sure the plunger doesn't hang up will help.

I walked in to the pharmacy of my local supermarket and asked to buy some 1cc syringes and they GAVE me a whole bag of them. The smaller syringes give you a lot more control of the formula flow.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Okay, I'm going to read everything in the link. You guys are all so helpful!
Thank you all so much!! I have much work to do! Hahah
:]
I'm so glad i found this site!

FallensMommie
03-27-2010, 08:32 PM
For the time being, since you have to use the big syringe tonight, first pull the plunger all the way out and apply a very thin film of corn oil or olive oil to the black rubber tip. It will help it slide more smoothly. It is the jerking start and stop with the big syringes that make them hard to use - you don't want to squirt a big quantity of formula out at once. Making sure the plunger doesn't hang up will help.

Yes yes....very important...that didn't even come to mind beings I have o-ring syringes :thumbsup

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Are you going to get some Fox Valley formula ordered for him?

I'm wanting to...I have to wait till I can order off line..that should be pretty soon. Within the month hopefully

4skwerlz
03-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm wanting to...I have to wait till I can order off line..that should be pretty soon. Within the month hopefully

If you mail me a check I can send you Fox Valley. PM me your name/address and I'll tell you where to mail it. It's $11.00 for 1 lb of powered formula plus $5.00 shipping.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 08:37 PM

I walked in to the pharmacy of my local supermarket and asked to buy some 1cc syringes and they GAVE me a whole bag of them. The smaller syringes give you a lot more control of the formula flow.

Ohhh Okay!
Awesome idea. I need to make a list of EVERYTHING. Squirrels are so much work..But I can already tell they're worth it.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 08:40 PM
If you mail me a check I can send you Fox Valley. PM me your name/address and I'll tell you where to mail it. It's $11.00 for 1 lb of powered formula plus $5.00 shipping.

I will have to talk to my mom about that tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it will be fine.
That sounds amazing though. You are awesome.

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 08:47 PM

no rubber tip on the plunger, she has a medicine syringe...just all plastic:shakehead

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 08:49 PM
no rubber tip on the plunger, she has a medicine syringe...just all plastic:shakehead

Hmm...I coulda swore this one had rubber..
Is that dangerous for him??

Jackie in Tampa
03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I didn't see a rubber tip on the syringe in the pic you posted, maybe I just don't see it!
You are getting great advise...good luck!

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 08:54 PM
I didn't see a rubber tip on the syringe in the pic you posted, maybe I just don't see it!
You are getting great advise...good luck!
you're right. There isnt one.
I was confused...is that going to cause any problems?

4skwerlz
03-27-2010, 09:06 PM
you're right. There isnt one.
I was confused...is that going to cause any problems?

Just a little harder to control, that's all. A big issue with younger babies; not so much with your little guy since he's older. Not a great syringe, but with care on your part it can work.

4skwerlz
03-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Sweetie, you've had a lot of information thrown at you so I'm going to try to sum it up:

The syringe you have now is not ideal but will work if you are careful to control the flow of formula. If you squirt too much into his mouth he might breathe formula into his lungs (you will see it come out his nose); this can cause pneumonia. If you can find a better syringe, that makes feeding easier.

Evaporated milk doesn't have the proper nutrients. Get some Esbilac tomorrow since at least that has the right nutrients. Sometimes there are problems with diarrhea with Esbilac so you need to watch for that. You should get some cream and some Dannon Vanilla yogurt or some Activia Vanilla yogurt since this helps with the diarrhea. If you want to buy the better formula (Fox Valley), I do sell it in my online store and we can work out a payment by check, as I mentioned. I also have better syringes.

Otherwise, sounds like you're doing a good job with this little guy.

Hope this helps.

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Sweetie, you've had a lot of information thrown at you so I'm going to try to sum it up:

The syringe you have now is not ideal but will work if you are careful to control the flow of formula. If you squirt too much into his mouth he might breathe formula into his lungs (you will see it come out his nose); this can cause pneumonia. If you can find a better syringe, that makes feeding easier.

Evaporated milk doesn't have the proper nutrients. Get some Esbilac tomorrow since at least that has the right nutrients. Sometimes there are problems with diarrhea with Esbilac so you need to watch for that. You should get some cream and some Dannon Vanilla yogurt or some Activia Vanilla yogurt since this helps with the diarrhea. If you want to buy the better formula (Fox Valley), I do sell it in my online store and we can work out a payment by check, as I mentioned. I also have better syringes.

Otherwise, sounds like you're doing a good job with this little guy.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. I was just going through writing everything down.
I have his esbilac already. But I will talk to my mom about getting some Fox Valley tomorrow. Thank you for all the help :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

Mrs. Byrd
03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
welcome to the bored Vickey & Gambit :grouphug

good luck on your new baby, be sure to take good care of him <3

if you need anything at all just let me know, i'm a skip and a hop away :thumbsup

also, i ordered some HHB for Oaty but since he passed he can't eat them, if you want to you can send me your address and i'll send them to you
AND i have some Fox Valley 20/50 you can have also! like i said, i just want to help as much as possible

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Also....how can you tell if it has happened? I have a little worry about it because he seemed like he sneezed while eating the otherday, but i'm kind of assuming that it was milk that came out of his nose.
:[

Mrs. Byrd
03-27-2010, 09:39 PM
what town in GA are you located in?

and as for the sneezing, if you didn't see any milk coming out of his nose he most likely didn't aspirate, i'm not an expert but he might've just had the sniffles, i'll leave it up to the experts though

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 09:42 PM
welcome to the bored Vickey & Gambit :grouphug

good luck on your new baby, be sure to take good care of him <3

if you need anything at all just let me know, i'm a skip and a hop away :thumbsup

also, i ordered some HHB for Oaty but since he passed he can't eat them, if you want to you can send me your address and i'll send them to you
AND i have some Fox Valley 20/50 you can have also! like i said, i just want to help as much as possible

Oh I'm soo sorry.
I will gladly take them if you're sure?
I'm actually somewhat close right now. Not exactly where
you are but im up in aug. for the weekend with the baby.

Mrs. Byrd
03-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh I'm soo sorry.
I will gladly take them if you're sure?
I'm actually somewhat close right now. Not exactly where
you are but im up in aug. for the weekend with the baby.

that's perfect! i live in augusta, the HHB haven't came yet but when they do i'll send them to you, and i have the formula right here with me. where at in AUG are you?

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 09:44 PM
what town in GA are you located in?

and as for the sneezing, if you didn't see any milk coming out of his nose he most likely didn't aspirate, i'm not an expert but he might've just had the sniffles, i'll leave it up to the experts though

I didnt see any... But I always expect the worst I guess.
I'm all the way out in dearing. But I'm in augusta for the weekend

VickyxVee
03-27-2010, 09:47 PM
that's perfect! i live in augusta, the HHB haven't came yet but when they do i'll send them to you, and i have the formula right here with me. where at in AUG are you?

Close to the mall. off gordon highway.
I guess I should PM you :p

Mrs. Byrd
03-27-2010, 09:47 PM
also, i have some 3cc syringes, i ordered a 100 so i could give you some proper syringes too. if you want i'll PM you my cell number

Mrs. Byrd
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Close to the mall. off gordon highway.
I guess I should PM you :p

you're not far from me at all, do you want to meet up sometime tomorrow morning?

atlantasquirrelgirl
03-27-2010, 10:16 PM
I am a pretty good distance from you VV, but can help you find somebody in your area who is licensed to treat your baby. These babies are really cute, but they can turn downhill really fast when a problem occurs.

Mrs. Byrd
03-27-2010, 10:26 PM
I am a pretty good distance from you VV, but can help you find somebody in your area who is licensed to treat your baby. These babies are really cute, but they can turn downhill really fast when a problem occurs.

she's definately right, the only rehabbers i know of are at Highland and they're the ones who overdosed Oaty so i wouldn't exactly trust them :shakehead

VickyxVee
03-28-2010, 12:34 AM

It would be wonderful if I could find someone close if Gambit ever needed it.
:Love_Icon

atlantasquirrelgirl
03-28-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't see a listing for Gambit, but there is one in Augusta. It sounds like you are visting Augusta, and don't reside there. Therefore, I'm posting the link to Georgia's entire list.

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife/hunting/pdf/special_permits/Wildlife_Rehabilitator_List.pdf

Mrs. Byrd
03-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I met Vicky and Gambit today! He's definately a healthy little baby :thumbsup

i gave her a bunch of 3cc syringes, fox valley, some seashells for chewing on, infant gas-x (just in case), and two jars of organic baby food for when she starts him on his veggies.

so hopefully she's pretty much set until the HHB's come in!

Nancy in New York
03-28-2010, 06:56 PM

i gave her a bunch of 3cc syringes, fox valley, some seashells for chewing on, infant gas-x (just in case), and two jars of organic baby food for when she starts him on his veggies.

Awe...how very sweet of you to do that. You have such a big heart. I'm sure that after losing your little Oaty, this had to be a difficult meeting. But even with your grief, you reached out to another member...:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown . I admire you so. Take care and thanks for helping her little one...:Love_Icon :grouphug :Love_Icon

island rehabber
03-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Wonderful of you to do that, Mrs Byrd. :bowdown:grouphug

digiandchipper
03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Wonderful news...thanks Mrs Byrd!:thumbsup

VickyxVee
03-28-2010, 09:36 PM

You're amazing!
You really do have a big heart. Like everyone said I'm so thankful. I love you girly!
:Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

FallensMommie
03-29-2010, 07:27 AM

That was so sweet...THANK YOU :thankyou