PDA

View Full Version : My first post - Hello and Thank you all

mpetys
02-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I became the caregiver of 4 baby squirrels almost 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I was feeding them Ebsilac and they were doing poorly. One died and the others were not thriving at all. I contacted a local rehabber and was informed about the problems with this product and was directed to Fox Valley for the squirrel formula. I called them and ordered product to be shipped overnight. By the time it arrived, two others had died. They were dehydrated. I had been using Pedialyte but I think the damage from the Ebsilac had already taken its toll. The last baby was the one that was doing the best and he was started on the Fox Valley right away.

I found this wonderful board through a google search and am so thankful for all the wonderful information. I live in Tampa, Fl and found a member, Jackie in Tampa and emailed her for any advice and she was kind enough to send me an email full of good information. I am so thankful.

My little monkeybutt's eyes opened on Thursday so I am using that to guage his age. My husband does not like that name at all but it just seems to come natural.

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for all the good information on this board. I feel like I know some of you already and your squirrels!

Michele

4skwerlz
02-27-2010, 09:35 PM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome

Every time I think all the cute squirrel names are gone, folks think of more: Monkeybutt! I love it!

You can't have better advice than from Jackie.

When you get a chance, we'd love to see a pic of your baby.

So sorry about the other three.:grouphug

Dam Esbilac! :soapbox

Feeze
02-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Hello Michele, and welcome!

Good to hear your little one is doing well. Sorry the others didn't make it.:grouphug

Sounds like you've had a good welcome already. Way to go Jackie!:thumbsup

island rehabber
02-27-2010, 10:24 PM
:WelcomeYou are in excellent hands with Jackie, and your baby is in good shape on Fox Valley. So sorry about the other little ones....

Jackie in Tampa
02-28-2010, 06:27 AM
:wave123 Hello Michelle and welcome to TSB, where the name Monkeybutt is so fitting!:D
TSB is a great place for info and comradery, we are having a sq-a-thon the weekend of March 19th...hope to see you there!:thumbsup
here is a link to the thread with info about it!
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21553
:Welcome :wave123

Anne
02-28-2010, 09:20 AM
:Welcome :Welcome So sorry to hear about the three little ones. But you and Monkeybutt will do fine now! We do so hope you can attend our meeting in March-it's in your back yard!
And---we will:poke :poke until we get pictures!!!!

amylou
02-28-2010, 12:54 PM
:Welcome :jump

wheezer
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Welcome Welcome:Welcome

Funny, I had a Monkey Butt when I worked at a rehab center a few years ago. He acted like a monkey and had trouble with his butt which finally cleared up:D

Sorry about your loss but so thankful you found the problem before it was too late for MB:thumbsup

Hope to see you at the gathering of other nuts:tilt

Ultra Peepi
03-02-2010, 08:07 PM
:Welcome

Katherine
03-03-2010, 06:56 AM
:Welcome :Welcome

Momma Squirrel
03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
:wave123 Michele, so very happy you found TSB and Jackie, as everyone has said you are in great hands.

Yelp we gotta have pictures when you get a minute to post them. We are all suckers for those little faces and tiny bodies.

mpetys
03-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your warm welcome. I am so glad I found this wonderful place. I feel like I know some of you already after having read some of your postings.

MonkeyButt and I are grateful for your help.

Michele in Tampa

LoveScratty
03-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Welcome!:jump