PDA

View Full Version : so excited to have found this site!!!

squirrelgal3
02-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Hey my name is Candy. Im so excited that i found this site. I wish i would have found this site years ago. I have been raising babies of all kinds most of my life.Im not a lisenced rehaber,just a caring heart that cant stand for anything to suffer. My son works for a tree company and is my main supplier of baby squirrels. Ive learned a lot from trial and error and research. I just lost a pet three legged flying squirrel on Feb. 10. Im still greiving Woodys passing. I dont have a clue why he died. was looking online for answers when i came across sbf. looking for another flying squirrel to care for as a pet have a few questions on how best to use this site.

TinyPaws
02-27-2010, 05:02 AM
:wave123 Hello Candy....:Welcome to TSB..This is a great place to hang around..People here are awsome...We're glad too that you found us....:wave123

island rehabber
02-27-2010, 06:58 AM
:Welcomethere ar so many knowledgeable and helpful people here -- just ask any questions you want to, anytime, and someone will be able to help. And we LOVE pix so don't be shy about posting them. :D

momma2boo
02-27-2010, 09:18 AM
:Welcome :grouphug :Welcome :Welcome :Welcome
You've certainly come to the right place as I can attest. I was lost on what to do and where to turn with my sick sq but TSB came to my rescue, huddled around me, and offered everything they had to help me out.

Thanks to this great group I have found a new wildlife vet who I will be bringing my Boo to today. I have every confidence that she will know what to do to help my baby on his way to recovery. (BTW - my baby is almost 6 yrs old)

Again, welcome ... you will not need to look any further. You've found the idea place to be when it comes to the little critters.

Secret Squirrel
02-27-2010, 09:56 AM
:Welcome neighbor.....almost !!! You have come to the right place...we are some squirrel lovin, tree huggin, wildlife carin bunch of folks !! :Welcome

Pnerissa
02-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Welcome aboard. You've come to the right place... everyone here loves squirrels. In fact, I'm typing this while at a flying squirrel conference... if you had managed to show up a bit earlier you might have joined us for the fun. I'm busy uploading pics from my camera (and two 1 hour videos of the speakers) and can happily say I've learned quite a bit so far this weekend on flyers. I'll fill everyone in when I have more time.

Bev
aka pnerissa

RockyCA
02-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I have a window in my office I would see this cute squirrel passing by almost everyday. I wondered if the squirrel was eating enough he looked healthy. I had some dried corn I left it for him everyday.

I decided to give him some pecans and boy I thought he would never leave hahaaa he hungout with me for 2 1/2 hours eating pecans :) that day Rockie would run down the door sound like a faint knock. I got up to see who it was I went outside as I looked up he was looking down at me. As I walked to the fence he was running to get to the pecans. :)

I always leave something out for him but if he want more food he'll know on the door I just love it when he does that. Rockie began to follow me a little bit away from the fence he'll go so far then stop. He is a smart little animal!

I researched food that's good for squirrels I didn't realize how much information out there and people who befriended squirrels.

I have become so attached to Rockie when he is on the fence I would talk to him out my window so he wouldn't feel threaten Rockie would move down the fence close to the open window and look :) he is the sweetest little thing.

I then decided to get closer to him I wondered if he trust me enough to eat from my hand yep!! That made my day he sniffed my hand then he smelled the pecan he gently took the pecan he didn't tough my figers that goodnes.

I took pictures the profile picture is my little Rockie oh he started buring his food where I live instead of taking to other locations. I watched bury his food it was amazing he know to pat it down I laughed so hard Rockie is too smart.

I also notice he begin to play peek-a-boo is one he just started doing :Love_Icon I need to buy a toy for him.

He'll eat until he's full then bury the rest but I never see him run to bury his pecans that's like prime steak to Rockie. That's how Rockie and I met I'm so glad we did! Wendy and Rockie/SouthbayCA :thumbsup

:Welcome

Kelly Brady
02-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Welcome, Welcome :wave123

amylou
02-28-2010, 12:53 PM
:Welcome :jump

wheezer
02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Welcome :Welcome
So glad you are there for the unfortunate squirrels who may loose their homes. Every tree service person should have one of you:D :thumbsup

Chickenlegs
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
WELCOME!! Oh you are among friends fer sure! Everybody has squirrels in their belfries and wouldn't have it any other way.

Ultra Peepi
03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
:Welcome