PDA

View Full Version : Release Question

Kelly Brady
02-24-2010, 02:34 PM
I worry too much but......

I am in Florida and have finally placed my three litter mates into the release cage as of last Friday. The weather has been ok. Highs 60's and lows 50's.
Today we have a cold front. Not severe but we will dip into the low 40's tonight and tomorrow night mid 30's.
Do you think they have had enough time to adjust to the temp drop or should I bring them in for a couple of days and start over?

My newly built 8 X 8 X 7 ft wonderful cage can be tarped off if need be. I want this to go well for them and only want the best for them and just need some advice or thoughts.

PBluejay2
02-24-2010, 02:50 PM
If they've been inside up until now, they haven't had time to develop winter fur or fat. They can probably keep each other fairly warm if the nest box is fairly well sealed/enclosed, but I would bring them back inside if it's going to get down in the 30s.

Kelly Brady
02-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the input, I think my common sense is telling me the same, I just didn't want to be goofing them up more by bringing them back in after five days out day and night.

They have had afternoon sunshine play outside each day this Winter, but do not have the Winter fur. Their bedding box is cuddly warm, but I am with you, I just think we are getting too cold for them to be out overnight.

I welcome the advise of the professionals:thankyou