PDA

View Full Version : SPAM message

MikaGe
02-23-2010, 03:06 AM
Hi, there!
So glad to find this forum, hope I can enjoy my stay and hopefully contribute someday.
First of all, I don't have any squirrel but I have a tree shrew (Wiki it! :D ). Here it's called tupai kekes. An ambiguous yet confusing name since the word tupai refers to squirrel in general.
I wish I could get and share information here :)

Here is the pic of my male tree shrew, I named him Yoda

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/shimazaki_mirai/Pets/CIMG3154.jpg

Anyone know how old is he based on his appearance? I'm completely noob to rodents thingy.

:peace

Jackie in Tampa
02-23-2010, 04:51 AM
:Welcome :wave123 Welcome to TSB...
your little guy is precious...but I have no clue about them...yikes, I googled him and found the contraversy about if they are primates or not...huh...very interesting!
He is adorable and I do see some similarities with sqs, but not their eating habits. http://www.theprimata.com/tree_shrews.html
Would love to see more pics!

scoobysnack
02-23-2010, 06:37 AM
What a cool critter! WOW.

It always amazes me how many animals there are out there I've never even heard of before. What a great little guy.

What's his temperament like? His behavior? How did you come to be owned by him? Tell us all about Yoda and by all means spam with photos!

whopoopwrasse
02-23-2010, 06:53 AM
What an adorable little guy!! YES!!!!! we need many more pics of him!! :Love_Icon :Love_Icon :Love_Icon

amylou
02-23-2010, 08:02 AM
:Welcome Your little guy is so flippin' cute!!:D It seems you may need to tell us all about him. I'm not familiar with them either. We all LOVE pictures here so you can never post too many!!:thumbsup

Momma Squirrel
02-23-2010, 08:27 AM
:Welcome MikaGe and Yoda, love the name, must be a Star Wars fan :tilt

He is just adorable, need more info about him and his day to day life and routine.

Pointy Tale
02-23-2010, 08:30 AM
MikaGe & Yoda— :wave123

:Welcome

island rehabber
02-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Yoda is SO CUTE! I had no idea such an animal even existed....:Welcome
Can you do me a favor, MikaGe? pick another good name for your thread, and I'll change it for you. Since it says "Spam Message" I keep thinking I need to delete it....:osnap :D:D

Lulu-Bean's Mommy
02-23-2010, 08:59 AM
:Welcome
OMGosh he is just way too freaking cute! Especially with his 'nana! He does resemble a squirrel (to me) and Yoda too! :rotfl How long have you had him? How have you come to be owned by him?
I wish I could tell you all about shrews, but so far it looks to me like you're going to be our shrew expert! I'm sure someone will know howto help though.

In my not-so-expert opinion, he looks like he could be around 7-8 weeks. :dono Don't take that to heart though, I'm just judging by a picture of my Lulu-Bean at 8 weeks.

Happy to have you here! :flash3

MikaGe
02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
You guys are soo nice... :thankyou

@Jackie Whoa, that's new for me. But yah, their ears are so similar with primates'...and ours :crazy

@scoobysnack Treeshrews are human-friendly and not afraid of our presence therefore it's easy to catch them outside. They live on trees and their diet mainly are fruits. Don't seem like seed & nuts but I heard that they like cooked rice as well.
I got Yoda through a breeder, he has plantain & flying squirrels as well. All of them are commonly found in rural area here so it's completely legal to keep them as pet. However treeshrew is less popular because most people think they look like rats (so true!) that's why I decide to adopt one :)

@Lulu-Bean's Mommy I just have it for 5 days. I decide to own a treeshrew because my dwelling & daily activities.
I live in a small apartment and I'm away for work 10-12 hours daily so I need a pet which doesn't require much space and too much attention. I always leave Yoda locked in my room with some fruit & water.
I also have a cage with cloth ready but he doesn't seem like it. Yesterday it took me 2 hours to find where he'd been hiding. Found him inside Tupperware glass :rotfl
Aaww...Lulu bean is so cute. Somehow I found she looks like Yoda...yet so different

@island rehabberSorry for the title, it should be "cheap brand new iPad for $300" or something :D
How to change the title, anyway?

Ya, I'm agree with you. I think he's around 8 weeks. Forgot to ask the breeder...

Btw, I'm still having this question in mind...Am I in the right forum? :D

amylou
02-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Sure you are in the right forum! Anyone who loves animals is welcome here!!:thumbsup

Ardilla
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Eeeeeee...too cute!!!:Love_Icon

I think I saw some tree shrews at the zoo recently.

CritterMom
02-23-2010, 11:25 AM
OMG, look at his little people ears! And the tongue - looks like he's saying "Bleah!" What a little sweetie. And tiny. Why you couuld just pop a cute little guy like that in a box and send him to me.

Immediately.:D

Chickenlegs
02-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm not familiar with tree shrews but sure am glad you're here to educate us. I DO have plain ol ground shrews in the back yard. They're cute little guys but'll take a finger off given a chance. Yoda has a muuuuch nicer personality. Oh another little critter to be amazed by. He is CUUUUUTE! And he DOES have people ears!!!!!!!!!! :Welcome

Sarabi
04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
:Welcome :Welcome :Welcome :Welcome
To you and your adorable little Yoda.......Tell us more please:) He is so flippin cute, AAAACCCCKKK! can't stand it.

Pnerissa
04-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I am terribly ashamed to admit that I had never heard of a Tree Shrew until today, and I am quite the little animal encyclopedia. Alas...

He certainly an interesting little creature though. More pics... more details... more pics please. :D

crazysquirrels
04-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Very cute. He definatly has squirrel feet.

my Twiggy
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
:Welcome What a cute little guy!!!!! I am like others, I have seen a groung shrew, but nothing like this. What a cutie! :)

Ultra Peepi
04-10-2010, 04:41 PM
:Welcome :wave123 hi! he is a cute one!