PDA

View Full Version : poop and pee

virgo062
02-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Just a observation....My wildies always pooped and peed EVERTIME they were out of the cage. I follwed them around with a paper towel. Poop nad Pee about every third step. Knothead however never poops and pees out of his cage. I notice some poop and pee in his cage but not a lot:thinking I might be overthinging this but I would think there shoule be a lot of poop and pee in hi cage. I only have to clean his cage about every week but with the wildies it was every two dats...Am I just being paranoid?

island rehabber
02-22-2010, 07:06 AM
HE may be very neat, like my Beni, and always poops & pees in the same place so you don't see it all over. Don't forget also that when there is more than one squirrel they pee to 'mark territory' so everyone ELSE knows it's theirs :shakehead. When I have more than one pre-release baby in my big cage, someone is always pooping on top of the nest box, or peeing in the hammock :yuck. But now Beni is all alone in there and never does anything so crude. :rotfl

tomcics
02-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Knothead/Beni sound very considerate :). With the wilds outside, I feed them on my porch (about 12+) and not once have they messed (that I could see). They may go in bushes around proch but not on cement porch itself.

mugzeezma
02-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Mugzi was an on spot toilet kind of guy until his 'ahem' nuts dropped now he is a piggy. Anything new that comes into the house has to be marked...including visitors!
Right now the squirnadoe (literally running around me in circles) needs a bath. He is covered in honey and oil.......

don't ask

virgo062
02-22-2010, 12:43 PM
needs a bath. He is covered in honey and oil.......

don't ask
No I must ask only because it sounds LIKE FUN:rotfl

momma2boo
02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Mugzi was an on spot toilet kind of guy until his 'ahem' nuts dropped now he is a piggy. Anything new that comes into the house has to be marked...including visitors!
Right now the squirnadoe (literally running around me in circles) needs a bath. He is covered in honey and oil.......

don't ask

Oh ... DO tell! This has got to be good!

momma2boo
02-22-2010, 12:52 PM
My Boo is hot and cold. Sometimes he's really good about making his pee pee at the bottom of the pen while sitting on his log and other times he's peeing while sitting on the top of the pen ... talk about your "golden showers" :rotfl it's everywhere and I need to then take everything out and wash it. Good thing I love that boy!

mugzeezma
02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
My Boo is hot and cold. Sometimes he's really good about making his pee pee at the bottom of the pen while sitting on his log and other times he's peeing while sitting on the top of the pen ... talk about your "golden showers" :rotfl it's everywhere and I need to then take everything out and wash it. Good thing I love that boy!

Boyz boyz boyz and their sprinkler systems...
fortunately there is very little odor

I wonder if females are generally neater

mugzeezma
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh ... DO tell! This has got to be good!

Yeah my boyfriend is jealous:o

Well Mugzi is a part time free range house squirrel so when I dip his blocks he has to help.
Sometimes he gets a bit too involved and jumps right in occasionally flipping the plate. I love it when his feet stick and he has to dance!

One morning Mugzi came blasting into the kitchen (think of Kramer on Seinfield...there's some resemblence actually). He skidded across the kitchen table and into a half filled bowl of soggy cereal and milk. He sprang straight up in surprise and landed right smack in the middle of the bowl.
He bolted off plastered with cornflakes!
It was a big mess but lmao funny
I clear off the table right away now

PBluejay2
02-22-2010, 01:46 PM
My neuro squirrel, Bobby, keeps his cage rather immaculate. He does so by "hang whizzing"--peeing through the bars. I never see pee spots in his cage. The floor around his cage is a little sticky most of the time, however.

momma2boo
02-22-2010, 02:37 PM
My neuro squirrel, Bobby, keeps his cage rather immaculate. He does so by "hang whizzing"--peeing through the bars. I never see pee spots in his cage. The floor around his cage is a little sticky most of the time, however.

Oh how we love our squirrels. I wonder if there's a little something wrong with all of us critter lovers. You know ... one click off? I've always known I was "special" but my love for Boo has helped to confirm this with most people I know. :rotfl

momma2boo
02-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah my boyfriend is jealous:o

Well Mugzi is a part time free range house squirrel so when I dip his blocks he has to help.
Sometimes he gets a bit too involved and jumps right in occasionally flipping the plate. I love it when his feet stick and he has to dance!

One morning Mugzi came blasting into the kitchen (think of Kramer on Seinfield...there's some resemblence actually). He skidded across the kitchen table and into a half filled bowl of soggy cereal and milk. He sprang straight up in surprise and landed right smack in the middle of the bowl.
He bolted off plastered with cornflakes!
It was a big mess but lmao funny
I clear off the table right away now

Oh I wish you had video of this! That would be priceless!

mugzeezma
02-22-2010, 03:51 PM

"hang whizzing"
Does he do that right side up...or upside down???

island rehabber
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
"hang whizzing"
Does he do that right side up...or upside down???

love that term! Poor Tomo....from what I understand, two NR's she graciously took from me will "hang whiz" at her every time she passes their enclosures :hidechair :rotfl

crazysquirrels
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
I wonder if females are generally neater[/QUOTE]
NOPE, Jackie is a slob:shakehead If I clean up it takes her 1/2 hour to redestroy it.,

Ludwig D. Squirrel
04-30-2010, 07:26 PM
I've only seen Ludwig poop and pee over 4 or 5 times in the last 2 weeks...

1. first day-poo and pee
2. on my car on the way to the vet... kinda started but didn't finish only squirted one of my fingers.-pee
3. on my friend after the vet (pooped on her shirt)-poo
4. On my back as we hung out.-pee
5. on my desk (I thought it was water but I still cleaned) -pee

I should know if he pees or poops... he lives in my bedroom :S Is something wrong? I mean he eats regulary and is very active.

Seeing the thread and how everyone posted got me worried :S