PDA

View Full Version : Grandma to a chippie named, Flower

wolfysluv
02-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi, my 21 year old son finally got his dream. A little girl Chippie. We drove to get her on his birthday in October a few months ago. She was 13 weeks old. And they are best friends. My son is phenomenal with pets. He has always helped with my "zoo" since he could walk. He is quite an expert in ferrets. He owns a ferret, a stort tailed possum and Flower.

I am a writer for BowTie (Fancy Publications). I write for Ferrets magazine specifically. I grew up on a farm and was exposed to exotics because I have bad asthma and am allergic to cats, dogs and large rodents. So, I started in fish and reptiles. I found out that i'm not very allergic to ferrets or STO's. Very few furred critters I"m not allergic to. I'm fine with Flower as long as I dont pet her than rub my eyes lol.

I have a few questions, and I'm dying to share movies and pics lol. So I joined this board. My son surfs the net for information and prints out stuff after work in the wee morning hours. We rarely surf together because of diff scheduals. I just want to sort of watch his back. Make sure he doesn't stray or get lax with her diet. So, I decided to join this board to learn more. And share pics. Lets not forget the pics lol.

I can't wait to get started.

Pointy Tale
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
:wave123 :Welcome wolfysluv—Hi, I’m not a rehabber, but if you’re looking for information about nutrition, I’d like to suggest a few things. Member psychotic feather has a chippie named Ahrlan and you could learn a lot through this member, in my opinion and nutrition threads I like are as below:

Food Date Chart Update: Calcium to Phosphorus Ratios: The Squirrel Board > Help Needed! > Squirrel Nutrition > Food Date Chart Update: Calcium to Phosphorus Ratios (http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15397)

Healthy Diet for Pet Squirrels: The Squirrel Board > Help Needed! > Squirrel Nutrition > Healthy Diet for Pet Squirrels (http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16093)

We love pictures here so feel free to start sharing!!!

PS—I'm the worst linker!!! Sorry if they don't work.

Bravo
02-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Welcome to TSB, W. :Welcome Lots of room for anyone who loves animals.

CritterMom
02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote: I just want to sort of watch his back. Make sure he doesn't stray or get lax with her diet.

I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!

Honestly, if more people had this attitude... Your post really made me smile. Do what I did - dig through the board, read the threads - not just those that pertain to chippies, because as far as diet, etc., they have similar needs to the tree squirrels. You can learn a tremendous amount on here, and that info may come in very handy some day.

Welcome!

wheezer
02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
:Welcome :Welcome

Would love to see your photos and videos:thumbsup

amylou
02-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm not familiar with their care or anything. I just wanted to say :Welcome and glad you found the board. You will definitely learn a lot. Can't wait for the pictures and videos!!:)

Chipmunk_lover
02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi wolfysluv, i love Chippies think they are so interesting to watch and you can build a good relationship up with them and of course they are so attractive. I have six of different ages and sexes. Feel free to ask me for advice if needed. I can't wait to see photos of her

Chipmunk_lover
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM
There is a great forum for Chippies you can join http://www.super-chipmunks.co.uk and also you will find my website in my signature below.

Chipmunk_lover
02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Aswell as Psychotic Feather and me (i have had 21 Chipmunks in twelve years of owning them) there is also Crazymunk a friend of mine who i bought Bailey from who was the most friendly Chipmunk i have ever had. She has bred many successful litters and has probably owned them for longer than me :thumbsup

Chickenlegs
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
WELCOME! You're gonna find this a great resource for your grand-munk.

amylou
02-11-2010, 10:47 AM
your grand-munk.
:rolf

Momma Squirrel
02-11-2010, 11:37 AM
:Welcome Flower's grandma, you have certainly come to the right board to share pics and videos, we love them :crazy

Ultra Peepi
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
:Welcome