PDA

View Full Version : FLYERS

virgo062
02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Here is a question that has been on my mind...Flyers are nocturnal soooo How do you enjoy them when your schedule is different than theirs? Don't they get lonely at night? Or do they adjust to you schedule? I know it's a dumb question but I am nosey :)

pappy1264
02-10-2010, 03:06 PM
My guys will come out whenever they hear me...lol I know they are supposed to be nocturnal, and I don't know about anyone else, but they seem to adjust to my schedule for the most part.

My gliders are nocturnal, as well, but they don't like to come out during the day, they will just try to hide and go back to sleep...lol My fliers will play no matter what time it is, it seems!

Pnerissa
02-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I work all day when my flyers are asleep, so it's easy for me to come home and spend an hour or so with them before leaving them to play on their wheel all night. I also feed them first thing each morning. They are groggy little things in the morning and go right back to bed after eating.

It's a bit more boring on the weekends because I have to wait all day for them to wake up.

pappy1264
02-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Have you tried to call their name and see if they wake up? Do you carry them in bonding bags at all?

virgo062
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I guess it's about the same with my Knothead...I get a few hours with him in the afternoon before bed time but on weekends I can aggravate him all day long :)

amylou
02-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm a night owl anyhow, so I was always up with Hank. Even during the day he would sleep on me and get up to play for a while-especially if he was bribed (pecans, acorns...LOL). So yeah in answer to your question, they basically will get accustomed to your schedule.

Pnerissa
02-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm a night owl anyhow, so I was always up with Hank. Even during the day he would sleep on me and get up to play for a while-especially if he was bribed (pecans, acorns...LOL). So yeah in answer to your question, they basically will get accustomed to your schedule.

*note to self... make sure Amy gets warm milk and a Benadryl before 11pm at the NFSA conference. :D