PDA

View Full Version : Lili and Ella

lilidukes
01-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi, I'm known as Lili (LeeLee) and my little girls name is Ella. Early last August I found a dead squirrel in my yard. Two days later I keep hearing the loud cries of a baby squirrel in the tree next to my porch. But then so did all the neighborhood cats. Our home is located in a area that everyone has fences. So no roaming dogs just cats. I myself raise wolfdogs. Now back to the baby cries. I sat outside for over 2 hours watching which is no easy feat in August in South Carolina. But it paid off Ella came crashing down almost on top of my head. Then I had to fight the cats for her. I brought her inside and called our local rehab I couldn't go meet her as I didn't have my car for a few days. It was a Friday afternoon and all my frantic calls to family and friends went unheeded, most don't care about a baby squirrel. So on line I went aha I have pedialite I also have the the puppy formula. By now it's late evening, I don't have a syringe so I used a drink stir straw to drip the pedialite into her. She was so horribly dehydrated. Every two hours I stayed with her for a day and a half. Finally I decided she was ready for the formula. Now look at my little demon angel. I found the TSB by accident when I wanted to find out if she really was purring. It's so wonderful to find that there is so much help and support for human
squirrel parents. Thanks for having us.

Katherine
01-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Welcome Lili and Ella..:wave123

Jackie in Tampa
01-29-2010, 08:52 AM
:worthless

:Welcome :wave123
I want pics...I loved your rescue...oh lala..
and at the bottom of every box is a prize and yours was Elli:Love_Icon
TSB has so many wonderful and informative forums and members,
you're gonna love this place!:alright.gif

ps, you live by some of my favorite falls!

Chickenlegs
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh welcome!!!! welcome!!!!! I've had my baby since early last July. I should say "WE've" had my baby since last July cause Kibbles could have been a memory without all the love and assistance right here at TSB. Everybody here is your BESTEST friend! There are folks here who can bring your baby through the most grueling times and lend a shoulder to cry on through bad times. I'm sooooooooo glad you and Ella are here. Pictures please!!!!!

lilidukes
01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks for http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/forums/images/smilies/jump.gifthe welcome. I'm trying to down size pics.

TinyPaws
01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Shea is so beautiful....Thank you for caring so much for this little life.

:Welcome to TSB

tomcics
01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Ella is very precious, look forward to many more pictures. Welcome

Ultra Peepi
01-30-2010, 02:43 AM
aw, ella is sweet! and so are you for saving her!:thumbsup :Welcome

Skul
01-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Wow, she was just a tiny little baby.
Good job.:thumbsup