PDA

View Full Version : Natalie from melbourne

NattyRose
01-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi, I live in Melbourne Florida. My name is Natalie and I love all types of animals, from small mammals to large reptiles. I've rescued many ferrets, grey squirrels, hedgehogs,snakes, monitors ect. I just lost my baby flying squirrel to some unknown problem. After looking at your site I think it was squirrel bordatella. He showed no signs till the day he died. I was at work all day and my boyfriend didn't want to call me about it and distract me. So I'm not exactly sure what happened but I know I took great care of him and it shouldn't have happened. I bought him from Helen's Little Critters and he was wonderful. I'm a starving college student who saved all my money and christmas money to get him and everything he needed and now he's gone. I've never been so attached to a pet and I'm incredibly depressed. I would really like to rescue an orphan flyer or a disabled grey squirrel to keep for life. I have a 3X3X5&1/2 foot cage that needs to be filled. If there are none available I'll be looking for a hand tamed baby in florida to purchase. Hopefully people will read my post, I'm desperate.

Jackie in Tampa
01-28-2010, 07:23 PM
:Welcome :wave123

Anne
01-29-2010, 06:10 AM
:Welcome So sorry for your loss.:grouphug :grouphug

Chickenlegs
01-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Glad you're here. Pretty sure there will be somebody to fill that cage. There are so many squirrlies who need a kind heart to love them. Don't know why squirrels are so darned wonderful but they are. Maybe it's because they are free spirits and it's an honor to be trusted by them. I always feel I've been saved by my little girl Kibbles--saved from saving all the money needed to replace what she's destroyed--saved from boredom for sure--and certainly saved from a life of ordinary. Welcome, and hope your cage has a lucky little critter in it soon.

TinyPaws
01-29-2010, 09:48 PM
:wave123 Hi welcome to TSB

I'm so sorry for your loss..

Ultra Peepi
01-30-2010, 02:46 AM
:Welcome
sorry you lost your little friend. but i'm sure you will be able to come to some little one's aid soon enough and have another critter around.:)

NattyRose
01-30-2010, 06:34 AM
I miss the pitter patter of squirrel feet,they make so much noise all the time and now my apartment is so quiet. I miss finger wrestling with my little man. I lost my hedgehog in the same week, that I had for about five years. I've been so lonely. Thanks for understanding everyone.

NattyRose
02-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Good news. I've adopted a three month old little girl. :)

amylou
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
:Welcome and I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
Is the little girl you've adopted a flyer? Congrats by the way on adopting her. I know you are excited!:thumbsup

NaturesGift
02-03-2010, 03:05 PM
CONGRATS!!! pics??? please.......:sanp3