PDA

View Full Version : Fox squirrel near Cleveland

OCE
01-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi,
I've had a female fox squirrel since September of last year. She was a late birth and probably abandoned, and brought to me dehydrated, anemic and covered with fleas. I cleaned her up and raised her on Fox Valley formula. Now she's fully grown and eating solid food (of course) but I think I may not be able to keep her till spring.
If you can keep her till it warms up, or know someone who can, please send me a message.
Here are a couple of photos of her:
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/o_c_e/squirrel.jpg
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/o_c_e/squirrel2.jpg

crazysquirrels
01-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the board. :Welcome I live know where near you or I would help you. Hopefully somebody can help.

Jackie in Tampa
01-13-2010, 03:30 PM
:Welcome :wave123 welcome to TSB!
She is a gorgeous little foxer, thanks for sharing her with us!
We have a few members in Ohio, not sure where they are in accordance to you but I will pm one of our finest right now!
We love stories and pics, so keep them coming!
She looks great btw:bowdown

Legomom
01-13-2010, 03:51 PM
She's gorgeous!
BTW, I used to live in Berea, so I know you're area....Not near as much snow as the Eastside. :)

I left a message for Squirrelsrule&bunniestoo who is located in NE Ohio.
She may be able to help.

OCE
01-13-2010, 06:37 PM
She's gorgeous!
BTW, I used to live in Berea, so I know you're area....Not near as much snow as the Eastside. :)

I left a message for Squirrelsrule&bunniestoo who is located in NE Ohio.
She may be able to help.

Hi, everyone.
Thank you for your offer, but I've already been in contact with her.
BTW, I live just next to Berea in Middleburg Heights.
The situation isn't an emergency. I just feel like she'd be happier around other squirrels and with more space. I'm building a cage for her that I can wheel outside, but I don't feel comfortable leaving her outdoors unsupervised, and there are kids and pets inside the house.

luvs squirrels
01-13-2010, 10:19 PM
She is beautiful

Lulu-Bean's Mommy
01-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Aww she is darling!

You are such a good squirrel daddy. :thumbsup Always looking out for the best for #1. And in a squirrelly world, #1 is *drum roll* the squirrel. She'll probably miss you, but she'll always be greatful for the family and love she's had.
:Welcome

OCE
01-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Aww she is darling!

You are such a good squirrel daddy. :thumbsup Always looking out for the best for #1. And in a squirrelly world, #1 is *drum roll* the squirrel. She'll probably miss you, but she'll always be greatful for the family and love she's had.
:Welcome

Hi, thank you (all of you) for the compliments. She eats a varied diet. She seems healthy (almost chubby), active and curious.
I wish I had more space for her--including an indoor space without constant kid noise and pets. I could never let her go right here, anyway, because of the scarcity of trees and the presence of large predators (foxes and coyotes).

4skwerlz
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
She's adorable. Anyone else think she looks more like an Eastern Grey?

I'm sure someone will want her.... she looks like a real sweetheart.:Love_Icon

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
01-16-2010, 08:31 AM
4skwerlz, I am 100% sure she is a fox squirrel. See the tan on the belly and the orange tail. Greys have pure white bellies all the time, if there is any shade of tan or yellow or orange, it is a fox squirrel.

OCE
01-17-2010, 10:03 AM
4skwerlz, I am 100% sure she is a fox squirrel. See the tan on the belly and the orange tail. Greys have pure white bellies all the time, if there is any shade of tan or yellow or orange, it is a fox squirrel.

Hi again. She looks just like the ones that walk onto the patio outside, except that her belly is slightly lighter in color. Do squirrels have summer and winter coats?

OCE
01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi,
I've had a female fox squirrel since September of last year. She was a late birth and probably abandoned, and brought to me dehydrated, anemic and covered with fleas. I cleaned her up and raised her on Fox Valley formula. Now she's fully grown and eating solid food (of course) but I think I may not be able to keep her till spring.
If you can keep her till it warms up, or know someone who can, please send me a message.
Here are a couple of photos of her:
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/o_c_e/squirrel.jpg
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/o_c_e/squirrel2.jpg

Hi again.
The situation is more pressing now so if there's anybody in greater Cleveland who is willing and able to take my squirrel in, please contact me ASAP.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
What is the situation? Can she stay with you for the winter? I think she is best staying with you. If you have a cage you can put outside, she will be fine outside if she has a nest box. PM me if you absolutely can not keep her for the winter and I will see if I can work something out, but I can't guarentee anything.

rygel1hardt
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Hello everybody
I just wanted to drop in to let you all know that Jeff and I working together have found an excellent and experienced placement for his much loved squirrel. Thanks to all who tried to help! Stacey

island rehabber
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM
:wahoo:bowdown:wahoo

YAY Jeff & Stacey!

another TSB success story! :alright.gif

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
01-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Where did the squirrel go?

Ultra Peepi
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM
so glad the squirrel has a home:thumbsup