PDA

View Full Version : batmans mom

dodgecity01
01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
hello everyone, love this squirrel club!!!lol Im new at all this, this is my first pet squirrel, we bought batman about 2 months ago when he was 3 months old and I immediately hit the computer seeking the proper diet for him as they were only feeding him oatmeal, apples,chips,junk food mainly. we have grown very attached to him, he is such a joy! who knew?? anyway, have a question... he is a southern flying tree squirrel and just today i noticed he had peed in his food bowl AND his water bowl!! whats up with that? any ideas? I have him in a huge 36x55 tall cage and i get him out 3-4 times a day to play with us so i know he cant be lonely. any ideas would be appreciated! thanks to all of you guys for your help, i love reading about everyone and their babies!

Momma Squirrel
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
:Welcome batmans mom. You need to definitely go check out our Flying Squirrel thread, there is alot of good information there.

Batman is a cool name. We need some pictures too :tilt

He might just be marking his territory. I know our little flyer use to actually mark us, yep us, especially if we were dressed up and running late :shakehead :D Loved every minute of it.

amylou
01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah Batman is probably doing that so you'll have to ask: "What's up with that?" :D
:Welcome to you and Batman. Love to see pictures!

dodgecity01
01-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Lol I am assuming he is really a boy then!! Would love to share pics with you guys, how do I get them on here? Im not very good with computers! also what is safe to clean his cage with?? now that he is Marking his territory:sanp3 the cage isnt smelling so sweet!:nono Anyway, what do yall use? Thanks for your help, you guys are all awesome!!:multi

Momma Squirrel
01-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Be prepared, he's NOT gonna like that :nono messing with his territory :D

I know alot of people have used Dawn dish detergent to bathe their squirrels but I would ask some of the more experienced members.

Might try posting in the Flying Breed section, Muffin could probably be better at answering that for you, she lives, sleeps and breathes flyers :rotfl

Secret Squirrel
01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
:Welcome Love Batman's name....so very flyer !!!!

When cleaning his cage, clean it when his is out for playtime.

One of you play with him while the other takes it outside. There is less mess if you can take it outside. Weather permitting.
I use a diluted bleach and water solution, spray it on, scrub a little and hose it off. Dry the cage and bring it back inside. Replace with clean bedding. Change the blankets or sleeping sacks every few days..providing you have several to switch around.
Squirrels can get board with the same old cage...so cage enrichment is key to a happy boy!!!
Good luck and post some pics soon.

Ultra Peepi
01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
:Welcome

Katherine
01-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Welcome to you and Batman.

Jackie in Tampa
01-26-2010, 06:13 PM
:Welcome :wave123