PDA

View Full Version : not squirrel related but need help with MP3 player

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
11-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I got a Philips Go Gear 4 GB MP3 player at Wal-Mart on Friday, since it was only $25, but I have no clue how to work it :shakehead. I am 23 and have never had a CD player, MP3 player, or IPod. I got it to listen to at work and was thinking I could put books on tape on it (not much of a music person although I do like Clay Aiken). I can't figure out how to get anything loaded onto it (I am not going to pay for downloads). I tried some free downloads just to see if it worked and I wasn't successful. I even tried stuff from my own computer and it said the format wasn't right.

Hopefully someone can help :tilt.

longshotgamble
11-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Hm, I have the same MP3 player and all I do is plug it up with UBS cable and it works just fine. I use it thru my Windows Media Player and use the Sync by dragging the titles I want uploaded to a list then press start sync. I love mine, very durable, ran it over with the golfcart and still worked and it is durable in the heat and cold also.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
11-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Mine plays the stuff that came on it great and it brings up the window with the spot to syinc to too. I just can't get anything to go right. I thought you could put stuff from youtube onto your mp3 player, do you know how to do that? Feeling electronically challenged.

Where do you download music or books on tape from? If you have a CD, can you transfer the songs to the MP3 player?

krawls
11-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Copy the CD onto your computer with windows media. Then sync your player with windows media. The music should transfer right over then.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
11-29-2009, 07:36 AM
OK, will try that, thanks.

Jackie in Tampa
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
tinfoil what's an mp3 player:D

krawls
11-29-2009, 08:15 AM
It is a thing sqs will love to chew.
:jump :jump

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
11-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I was successful :wahoo. I wasn't sure what to do when I opened the CD so I chose Rip which was right, but then I didn't see it going to the MP3 player so I cancelled and tried to drag and drop it but both were open in different tabs on same window so I couldn't then realized it did what it was suppossed to on the ones it finished before I cancelled, so I went back and will try again. Is there a way to get stuff for free from the internet? Everywhere I went wanted money for each song you listened to. Myspace has a player where you can listen, but not sure how to get them onto the MP3, if it is even possible.

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
11-30-2009, 08:35 PM
A coworker helped me out with my MP3 player today. You can download a player at bearshare.com that will transfer just about any song (there are millions of songs and not just junk you wouldn't want) onto your MP3 player. Then she told me how you can get books on tape onto your MP3 for free... if you go to your local libraries website, there should be an Emedia link and that has all the books available for download to the computer. Then just plug your MP3 in and click transfer and you get the book on tape for free :). You get the downloaded file for 2 weeks, but once you put it on your MP3, you can keep it as long as you want :thumbsup.

My MP3 player is awesome and I am not feeling electronically challenged anymore :D.

krawls
11-30-2009, 09:03 PM
:thumbsup :thumbsup