PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel tail questions.

Bakuhn7
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey, My little cheeto is a very happy 3 month old grey squirrel. He used to have a puffy tail, but now-a-days his tail is pretty much just straight and long. Is this normal because he just isnt fully developed?

Lulu-Bean's Mommy
11-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Does it look like he has the same amount of fur, or does it look like he's lost fur?
If he has the same amount of fur, my Lulu-Bean had gone through that too. She doesn't really puff out her tail unless she's eating. There's a reason behind puffing up tails and not puffing tails (a form of communication, I think) but I can't seem to find where someone told me that.
Even now, Lulu-Bean's at 5 months, and she'll mostly have her tail "unpuffed".
Hopefully this helps, or that someone else can give you additional information.
~Lulu-Bean's Mommy

Bakuhn7
11-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Hid tails pretty even. I doubt its from stress, hes in a very stress free environment. I'll keep looking for some more info.

crazysquirrels
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
At that age mine had both a fluffy tail and cat like tail. They only fluffed them up on occasions.

Feeze
11-18-2009, 10:37 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn155/Campersquirrel/DSC_8857.jpg
Do you mean that the tail used to look like the tip of this squirrels tail, but now looks like the base? It's a pretty normal transition here, as the squirrels prepare their tails for winter. Normally the hair grows back fairly quickly. If the hair seems to be falling out though, that could be a problem.