PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember name of book

Kelly Brady
11-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Somewhere on this site I saw a name of a book that sounded wonderful.
Thought it was called the squirrel handbook by shirley and allen casey.

Does anyone know what it would be? i cannot find it anywhere. I am looking for books to help me with raising a pet squirrel. All of my babies so far have been released. Not this one yet (15 weeks). He won't wild up. I love him so much that, that is fine with me.

I am determined to find out how to load pics soon and show him off.

Any info or good reads appreciated. :)

Nancy in New York
11-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Just found this posted by IR in another thread...hope this helps...

I believe you must be a licensed rehabilitator to buy the Caseys' book. However there is another excellent wildlife manual available to all from www.squirrelsandmore.com: Wild Mammal Babies, by D. Gode and I. Ruth.

Nancy in New York
11-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Just found this posted by IR in another thread...hope this helps...

I believe you must be a licensed rehabilitator to buy the Caseys' book. However there is another excellent wildlife manual available to all from www.squirrelsandmore.com: Wild Mammal Babies, by D. Gode and I. Ruth.

I then found this...
http://www.ewildagain.org/pubs/squirrel%20rehabilitation%20handbook.htm

Squirrely in Alabama
11-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I like raising baby mammals, the first 48 hours! That is the book from Squirrels and More.

Kelly Brady
11-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Thank you all very much.

I buy from squirrels and more and didn't know they had such a selection of books

Also, thank you so much for finding the Casey book. No wonder it was not found through the bookstore web sites. Too bad I am not licensed but have a friend that is. :tilt

Every aspect of our little squirrelly critters is so interesting to me. I have so many questions about them. I do have "Squirrels the Animal answer guide" (Thorington) and loved it!:thankyou