PDA

View Full Version : How long to continue heat?

Plumqik
10-04-2006, 06:45 AM
I have two babies that are about 6 weeks old and am using a Snuggle Safe disc (you heat in microwave and it retains a gentle heat for 8 hours) in the crate with them-they have a cage in the mail to me now. How much longer do I continue providing heat for them? They never seem to lay on the area of the heat (the disc is below a thick crate mat) but curl up together next to it. Thanks for any help! Cheryl

island rehabber
10-04-2006, 07:01 AM
I have two babies that are about 6 weeks old and am using a Snuggle Safe disc (you heat in microwave and it retains a gentle heat for 8 hours) in the crate with them-they have a cage in the mail to me now. How much longer do I continue providing heat for them? They never seem to lay on the area of the heat (the disc is below a thick crate mat) but curl up together next to it. Thanks for any help! Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, if your babies are fully furred with eyes opened you don't need to use the disk anymore. They have each other for warmth and unless you have them in a really drafty place there's no need for supplemental heat. Goodl uck with them! :peace

Critter_Queen
10-04-2006, 09:41 AM
As usual, I agree with IR...sounds like they are thermoregulating just fine without the Snuggle Safe. (love those!!) :D